4. Vlasic
5. Hedman
6. Burns
7. OEL
8. Subban
9. Josi
10. McDonaugh
HM: Keith, Brodie, Weber, Suter

OEL shouldn't be in anyone's top 10 this year. I've watched him quite a bit having him in my fantasy pool and he's been very underwhelming. I get that he's on a very bad team but he's just as much a part to blame as the rest of the players, save for Keller. He has been decent on the PP, thats it.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
1. Doughty
2. Karlsson
3. Pietrangelo
4. Hedman
5. Josi

after that its up for grabs... and again i'll stoke the fire by saying Karlsson is not the best defenseman in the NHL that would be Drew Doughty... Karlsson is the best offensive Dman but not its best all around...

SSJ3 Lunar

WWE made me jaded
Nov 2, 2010
Atlanta
1. Doughty
2. Karlsson
3. Pietrangelo
4. Hedman
5. Josi

after that its up for grabs... and again i'll stoke the fire by saying Karlsson is not the best defenseman in the NHL that would be Drew Doughty... Karlsson is the best offensive Dman but not its best all around...

I think Suter is better defensively than Doughty, and I f***ing hate Suter.

When I think of best defenseman, I see Karlsson carrying his team on his back to the ECF, while I see Doughty having Quick. If the Sens win a cup, and its with Karlsson it will be in very very large part due to Karlsson. As I think Doughty played very well on a stacked teams for their cup wins, but Quick was the MVP. Then again Karlsson has no cup so...:dunno:

Last edited:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
What is the one skillset that only one of these players has....and none of the others listed possess?

Ability to do MAGIC.
brent-burns-sanford-myersHP2.jpg

A dungeon adventure always needs a wizard first and foremost.

He has mastered the art of invisibility this season.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I think Suter is better defensively than Doughty, and I ****ing hate Suter.

When I think of best defenseman, I see Karlsson carrying his team on his back to the ECF, while I see Doughty having Quick. If the Sens win a cup, and its with Karlsson it will be in very very large part due to Karlsson. As I think Doughty played very well on a stacked teams for their cup wins, but Quick was the MVP. Then again Karlsson has no cup so...:dunno:
Go back and look at Doughty’s stat lines during both cup runs... same thing Karlsson did and some would have had no problem with him having won MVP that season

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
This season, which is all that matters, my list off the top of my head would be:

1) Pietrangelo
2) Karlsson
3) Doughty
4) Hedman
5) Josi
6) Subban
7) Suter
8) Keith
9) Burns
10) Parayko

HM to a bunch of guys as more keep on popping into my head, but I would have to include Samuel Girard. Kid has been insanely good every damn second I’ve seen him play.

Reactions: TarasenkosForearm

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
OEL is soooo overrated. I honestly think he'd be less highly thought of in a bigger market. The guy plays like complete crap and no one is aware. that's why I made the thread about small market players sometimes getting overrated. they get 0 criticism.
OEL shouldn't make a top 50 list right now.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Based on this season:

Pietrangelo
Hedman
Karlsson
Josi
Doughty
Subban
Jones
Klingberg
Barrie
Ghostisbere

Mostly two way guys at the top who are also having very productive seasons. Then towards the bottom I want guys who can produce a lot of offense from the back end, Klingberg/Barrie/Ghost are 3 of the best this season.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm honestly confused that anyone would have Doughty over Karlsson or Hedman.

Reactions: JFG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad