Recalled/Assigned: Tootoo recalled, Bertuzzi out Sunday

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
I would not be surprised if he really does bring a boatload of energy as his whole future career will be riding on his performance in just a handful of games.

Kutas*

Hah, awesome! I don't think this makes things better or worse but I just love to see him playing. And maybe Pulkkinen gets more ice time now when it's Tootoo who gets Babcock's ****.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Alfredsson - Legwand - Franzen
Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
Miller - Emmerton - Pulkkinen
Abdelkader - Glendening - Tootoo

This is what I would go with^

NyquistIsMyGod*

Alfredsson - Legwand - Franzen
Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
Miller - Emmerton - Pulkkinen
Abdelkader - Glendening - Tootoo

This is what I would go with^

I'd much rather Abby where Emmerton is..

However, as much as I love Tootoo, he'll likely get bought out this summer. Wouldn't it make sense to have Callahan or Ferraro up right now to see what they can bring?

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
probably won't notice much of a difference at even strength. But this means Abby playing the net front on the PP.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Wouldn't it make sense to have Callahan or Ferraro up right now to see what they can bring?

Not if you're Babcock. If you're Babcock, it's better to bring up guys you know can't cut it in the NHL rather than guys who have no experience in the NHL.

:shakehead

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Nyquist-Franzen-Alfredsson
Abdelkader-Legwand-Pulkkinen
Emmerton-Sheahan-Tatar
Miller-Glendening-Tootoo

or

Nyquist-Franzen-Abdelkader
Emmerton-Legwand-Alfredsson
Tatar-Sheahan-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Tootoo

I think Franzen should play centre to increase the depth at that position until Datsyuk and Weiss return.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Not if you're Babcock. If you're Babcock, it's better to bring up guys you know can't cut it in the NHL rather than guys who have no experience in the NHL.

:shakehead

Does Babcock make these decisions? Because he's never seemed like the biggest fan of Tootoo. Even when he was in the lineup he got very few minutes, despite his buzzsaw style of play.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not a loss at all.

I'm sure Tootoo will be playing with extra piss and vinegar and this team could use the energy he provides in a lot of these games lately.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
its funny, but tootoo was HUGE for us last season down the strech

the more guys who skate and hustle the better, throw in some intensity and propensity to hit everything in sight and thats the ONLY way we will win games as we most certaintly wont or cant out skill the other guy

tootoo-glendening and miller/abby would be a great fourth line

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Ferraro is basically gone next season, isn't he? If I was a Buffalo Sabres or a New York Islanders, I'd pick him up right away.

I think he has a really good shot at passing through. Hes on pace for low 30s in points this year. Yeah hes not just an offensive guy but hes had some attitude issues in the past, not producing at the AHL level for some reason this year and hasnt had any NHL experience.

I actually wouldnt be surprised if he and Callahan havent been called up to try to keep em under the radar

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I think he has a really good shot at passing through. Hes on pace for low 30s in points this year. Yeah hes not just an offensive guy but hes had some attitude issues in the past, not producing at the AHL level for some reason this year and hasnt had any NHL experience.

I actually wouldnt be surprised if he and Callahan havent been called up to try to keep em under the radar

Sorry Newfy, they haven't been called up because they aren't NHL calibre players. Lando is a career AHL'r and Cally might make it as a 14th forward.

As for the topic at hand, I prefer Tootoo over Bertuzzi. Tootoo creates chances, has decent wheels, hits everything in sight and still has some decent offensive abilities.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Sorry Newfy, they haven't been called up because they aren't NHL calibre players. Lando is a career AHL'r and Cally might make it as a 14th forward.

As for the topic at hand, I prefer Tootoo over Bertuzzi. Tootoo creates chances, has decent wheels, hits everything in sight and still has some decent offensive abilities.

Well considering guys like Tootoo have carved out pretty solid NHL careers, I dont know if its fair to say Callahan is at best a 14th forward. Callahan is a better player than Tootoo in GR and much more versatile.

I Would be willing to bet at least one of them has a fairly successful NHL career

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad