GDT: Tootoo is back in town. Detroit Red Wings @ Nashville Predators, 7p.m.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Personally, I think we should cut out the tributes. I understand why they do them, but as the franchise grows you'll start to see more and more players get treated the way I expect Suter to get treated. At a certain point, you aren't honoring the players anymore.

I'll likely try to get a Weber's better chant going during the Suter video. So, that should be fun.

Suter doesn't deserve jack. I think a "liar, liar, liar" chant would be way more effective and easy to do.... and easy to spread.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Did we have our first TV timeout standing O last night???

Sounded like it on tv coming out of commercial in 3rd period

MrHenley

Jan 16, 2012
The negativity and *****ing in the middle of this thread was near unreadable. Maybe I just try and fist pump good plays more than produce hernias over bad plays against.

I thought we played well. We have always been best when our defemsan are proactive in the offensive zone and rush. It can mask our vanilla forwards. I never like giving a point to Detroit, but am
Glad we got the two at home.

The negativity and *****ing in the middle of this thread was near unreadable. Maybe I just try and fist pump good plays more than produce hernias over bad plays against.

I thought we played well. We have always been best when our defemsan are proactive in the offensive zone and rush. It can mask our vanilla forwards. I never like giving a point to Detroit, but am
Glad we got the two at home.

there was much to ***** about during the middle of the game as the preds were playing horriawful during that time.

jlsg

Nov 8, 2006
We've seen our boys get burned the last few games after losing the puck behind the net. Blum loses the puck, it gets to Cleary alone out front, goal Detroit. Weber loses the puck to Duchene behind the net at Colorado, goes to McGinn alone out front, goal Avs. Beleskey's goal didn't involve the Ducks taking the puck from us behind then net, just Perry setting up back there alone to feed the puck out front for a goal.

Three games in a row with the puck coming out from behind the net, to a teammate, straight into the twine. It is becoming a disturbing trend.

I'm not as concerned that the turnover occurred, even though it obviously shouldn't have, but that someone was standing in the low slot all alone. The lost coverage is unforgivable.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I'm not as concerned that the turnover occurred, even though it obviously shouldn't have, but that someone was standing in the low slot all alone. The lost coverage is unforgivable.

The Datsyuk steal happens to everyone ... but the blown coverage and lost battle along the boards at Colorado are recurring trends. The Kobasew and Maroon goals were also blown coverage plays down low. Once in a while is going to happen ... so many in a short span is unforgivable.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I was telling the wife tonight that I think it would be hilarious if all the fans didn't utter a peep during the $uter tribute...everybody in their seats, just listening to crickets. Course it'll never happen.

I was thinking we all stand and turn our backs during the tribute........ not even a $ucks on his intro - he doesn't deserve even that measure of recognition and "respect"

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I don't think there will be a Suter tribute video. Tootoo got booed when he first hit the ice and about 15% booed during the tribute vid.

Suter is going to get booed the whole game.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Suter doesn't deserve that much hatred.

Poile's naivety deserves most of the blame. He really doesn't have a pulse on our players-- Radulov, Weber, Suter, more.

What does anyone expect? Suter said he wanted to test free agency-- it's just wishful thinking on Poile's part that he was committed the Predators at that point. If he was, he would have signed a freakin deal already.

The 2nd problem is Poile didn't put much effort into resigning Suter the offseason before he was FA. "He was too busy dealign with the Weber arbitration". Weber arbitration-- another major gaffe on Poile. He should have put the energy in getting both of those guys signed, not playing p****-tactics with Weber.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Yeah well, the fans can't boo Poile's naïveté, so let's hate Suter instead. :handclap:

I'm being serious. **** Suter.

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
Man I really hope there is a Suter video just because it would be HILARIOUS to hear the fans' reaction to it.

Perhaps we could have a reverse tribute video...like a video chronicling his betrayal?

I clapped for Toots. He left because we didn't want him. Can't be mad at the guy. Sure, it kinda feels like he signed with Detroit just to give us the middle finger, but whatever. We hardly played him towards the end and basically let Yip take his place. We didn't want him, so he left to sign a 3-year, $5.7M deal with a storied franchise that has a reputation for treating its players well. Good for him.

What he did isn't even in the same atmosphere as what Suter did.

Last edited:

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Suter doesn't deserve that much hatred.

Poile's naivety deserves most of the blame. He really doesn't have a pulse on our players-- Radulov, Weber, Suter, more.

What does anyone expect? Suter said he wanted to test free agency-- it's just wishful thinking on Poile's part that he was committed the Predators at that point. If he was, he would have signed a freakin deal already.

The 2nd problem is Poile didn't put much effort into resigning Suter the offseason before he was FA. "He was too busy dealign with the Weber arbitration". Weber arbitration-- another major gaffe on Poile. He should have put the energy in getting both of those guys signed, not playing p****-tactics with Weber.

:laugh: A classic dulzhok appearance.

Don't agree with anything you said except for the first sentence. I don't hate Suter because I expected him to leave this whole time. The signs were there: signing his 2nd contract right up to UFA status, living in the shadow of Weber for years, refusing to listen to contract negotiations until the offseason, the all-star fiasco. We're better off without him anyway with the way Josi, Ellis, and Blum are playing.

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
:laugh: A classic dulzhok appearance.

Don't agree with anything you said except for the first sentence. I don't hate Suter because I expected him to leave this whole time. The signs were there: signing his 2nd contract right up to UFA status, living in the shadow of Weber for years, refusing to listen to contract negotiations until the offseason, the all-star fiasco. We're better off without him anyway with the way Josi, Ellis, and Blum are playing.

He'll still be really fun to hate on March 9th though!

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
I foresee Suter being booed EVERY time he's on the ice ... let me change that to "I look forward to ... "

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Glad Toots got props and was gratified to see his response on twitter

As far as Suter, Poile may have been naive but he also had no choice.. we had a potential cup team and even if Suter had said flat out he wasnt going to re-sign I dont think poile could have traded him before the season ended. So at most he cost us a pick by not trading his rights before july 1.

truth is, as well as our D is playing without him, Im not so sure that we arent better off not having another 100 million dollar contract to handcuff us... though adding parise would have been nice...

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
truth is, as well as our D is playing without him, Im not so sure that we arent better off not having another 100 million dollar contract to handcuff us... though adding parise would have been nice...

I think we are better off, especially because of how Weber's contract is structured. Not to say we couldn't use someone of Suter's talents (and the invaluable chemistry him and Weber developed)...but dumping ~$15 million in cap space on 2 blue liners, and $7 mil on a goalie leaves us with building the rest of the team (20 or so players) around 2/3 of the cap space (currently). Factor in the number of fans clamoring for a top line forward (another $6-7 mil, easily) and you could easily find yourself in the situation a lot of teams have, with wonderful top end talent bookended by complete ****, or prospects, and worse off in the wins department (because only 1 or 2 lines are worth a damn).

While I understand the Suter hate (mainly because he lead us on), it's not really a bad thing that he didn't sign. Going into last year, we knew it would be hard to keep all of Weber/Suter/Rinne. We locked up Rinne. That in itself meant it would be difficult to sign Sutes and Webs. Signing 2 out of 3 was a pretty major victory for us as a franchise. Under Liarpold, it's pretty likely that the whole thing would've blown up, and Josi/Klein would be our new top pair, and Anders Lindback would be our goalie.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I think we're better off, too. Funny how things work out.

But I'll still boo him because he's a Liar on Liarpold's Trophy Team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad