GDT: Tootoo is back in town. Detroit Red Wings @ Nashville Predators, 7p.m.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
First of four games against the Wings.

Howard and Rinne in net for both teams.

We'll see not only what Tootoo does but how the fans treat him.

Let's take all that anger and hate about last night's BS and turn it into a huge win.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This is a big game- win and I think we can put the Colorado debacle behind us and move on- but if we lose that will be 3 losses in a row with a tough weekend (Vancouver, at Detroit) ahead.

I'm calling a 3-2 regulation win

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Have to bounce back. Crappy call or not, 6 goals is not good. Would love to see Willy pocket another couple goals.

Go Preds!!

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Friendly warning.. no matter what happens tonight don't go troll on the Wings board. You won't like the end result unless you don't want to post anymore.

Same goes for Wings fans coming in here. Don't respond just report and we will handle it.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
From what I have read on Yahoo, USAToday and ESPN Paul Gaustad is listed as day to day and is out for tonight's game.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
So who fights Tootoo? You KNOW this is going to happen.

images

Clune has experience with this.

Webersmashpuck

Mar 17, 2009
Spring Hill
Yip should be back in for Gaustad and since Clune has those 30 stitches I can see Yip being the one to fight Tootoo but that would be a lopsided fight.

Im more worried about Tootoo running everything he comes across legal or not.

Hopefully we can take out the anger and aggression from yesterday on the Red Wings. It would make the day much sweeter.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I think people who used to use the Tootoo whistles should keep using them when we play Detroit. Think of it as a warning device for our defensemen.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Prediction: Clune doesn't wear the brace for tonight and then we see him wearing it again for Vancouver.

If not, I'd go with Yip but honestly Hannan could throw too.

Someone just needs to lay Tootoo out in the beginning and set the tone.

GO PREDS!

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Prediction: Clune doesn't wear the brace for tonight and then we see him wearing it again for Vancouver.

If not, I'd go with Yip but honestly Hannan could throw too.

Someone just needs to lay Tootoo out in the beginning and set the tone.

GO PREDS!
Tootoo thrives on that attitude. The best thing you can do is ignore him. If he runs a player, ignore him, it makes him less effective.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Maybe we can negate the Tootoo crap with a nice Weber hip check early in the game. We all know if you get Tootoo off his game, he takes stupid penalties.

FTR, I don't hate Tootoo. I liked him (most of the time) while he was here in Nashville. Unfortunately, he only really started realizing his potential in his final season.

As a fan, I would give him the same treatment we give most former Preds...maybe the ole "somebody/anybody/everybody hit" Tootoo. Nothing nasty, just a little rib to let him know he's on the other side.

Colton2233

Mar 28, 2008
Dats not 100% for wings meaning good things tonight for are boys. Det 0 PP goals on road this year keep it going and Nas get a W tonight. 3-1

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
Waiting on the family to get home so we can head down for the game.

I agree with using the stupid freaking whistles as a warning system. Loves Toots but someone does need to lay him OUT shortly after the requisite video tribute to let him know, he is no longer welcome in our house. Gonna be a good one.

Go Preds!

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
OK, I posted this in the old GDT before there was a DET one so I will ask this weird question here also... I'm a nurse and my scheduling window opens online tonight at 2100. EXACTLY 2100. It is cutthroat. If I don't get on there right at 2100, I'll be left with the scraps and my schedule will suck.

As we all know, the Internet doesn't work on anyone's phones in the Arena unless maybe you have AT&T (and our scheduling website doesn't work well on phones anyway). Does anyone have any creative ideas that would allow me to hop on a computer for 5-10 minutes that don't involve leaving the game early?!

(For whoever asked about phones not working in the old thread...for some reason stuff that requires an Internet connection doesn't work on my phone in the arena. I have Sprint, my husband has Verizon, and we both have the same problem. Texts and calls are fine, but anything that requires an Internet connection...like Twitter, Facebook, etc...barely work, if they work at all. Apparently Preds brass was going to do something to help the issue this year, but whatever they did only helped people with AT&T phones. There is wifi at the arena, but all the connections are password protected.)

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
OK, I posted this in the old GDT before there was a DET one so I will ask this weird question here also... I'm a nurse and my scheduling window opens online tonight at 2100. EXACTLY 2100. It is cutthroat. If I don't get on there right at 2100, I'll be left with the scraps and my schedule will suck.

As we all know, the Internet doesn't work on anyone's phones in the Arena unless maybe you have AT&T (and our scheduling website doesn't work well on phones anyway). Does anyone have any creative ideas that would allow me to hop on a computer for 5-10 minutes that don't involve leaving the game early?!

(For whoever asked about phones not working in the old thread...for some reason stuff that requires an Internet connection doesn't work on my phone in the arena. I have Sprint, my husband has Verizon, and we both have the same problem. Texts and calls are fine, but anything that requires an Internet connection...like Twitter, Facebook, etc...barely work, if they work at all. Apparently Preds brass was going to do something to help the issue this year, but whatever they did only helped people with AT&T phones. There is wifi at the arena, but all the connections are password protected.)

Going out next to one of the doors where a window is, or like what was said in the other thread about going to the smoking area at the time. That really is all that I can think of. Maybe you could ask someone at the Fan Information desk when you get there.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN

On the main concourse by the Pro Shop, you should be able to get wi-fi via 'NCVB Hotspot' that is not password protected. It's a tad spotty but worked on my old iPod Touch for FB, Twitter, and Foursquare when I left my phone in the car.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Tootoo will be full of energy no doubt, but I'm more worried about the guys that will actually have an impact on the game like Zetter and Datsyuk. Weber will be getting alot of work tonight. Trotz has got to get this team motivated tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad