Player Discussion Tony DeAngelo: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'm not trying to be a dick, I just dont see how something that has never happened can be used as evidence of anything. Sure RFAs probably should be signed by competitors frequently but they're not, and guys like ADA are never signed. It just doesn't happen.

When? Ron Tugnutt in 1996? Does signing a veteran goalie over a decade before the cap era count?
No offense taken. I don't mean to be argumentative either, just saying that whether or not it has happened or does happen frequently, teams can sign him easily if they think he's worth the money. Yes, there are probably other reasons people aren't offersheeting him, the same reasons you're referencing when you say there must be reasons this almost never happens. People don't want to start a grudge with another GM, generally players who can be offer sheeted without compensation aren't really worth pursuing aggressively, etc. I just think that if the player is way worth it and the OS can be completed fairly cheaply, teams would very, very likely do it.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Fox, Keane, and Smith are training with Panarin, Zibanejad, and Kakko. DeAngelo is training with an NCAA D3 program. This is going swimmingly well for Tony.

lol

im sure ADA is training in phily or jersey. sounds like his training buddy is off to school

hes no where near oswego ny- although its a great little town. great salmon and trout fishing up that way, some terrific apple picking right now with a place near there that has the best apple fritters I've ever had and some of the best sunsets on earth.

also the hometown of erik cole

lots of snow too for those who ride snowmobiles like me !!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

The issue is it doesn't sound like Tony stepped one foot in Connecticut to train with Ben Prentiss.

The Rangers players started together as a group in late August. Tony was nowhere to be found. He shows up the day before camp is supposed to start and then leaves again. Lemieux was here.

So many of the Rangers players and prospects trained at the Prentiss facility. Kravtsov spent his entire summer there. Lundkvist trained there. Andersson. Chytil. Zibanejad got off a plane from Sweden and next day he was pictured at Prentiss working out with the Rangers players. Kreider.

I read this a few days ago.

Keane spent most of the summer in Connecticut and trained with Ben Prentiss, who works with many of the Rangers to get them into top shape. Keane did a lot of work in the weight room and worked on his skating speed.

“That was unbelievable,’’ he said. “A great opportunity to be able to be around the pro guys again and just kind of see how that works. And yeah, my goal is to get stronger. And that’s what the Rangers told me I had to do. And I did get stronger.'’

Rangers keen on prospect Joey Keane

The guys are all skating together and Tony is nowhere to be found. Players are training with Prentiss. It doesn't like Tony spent one day with Prentiss.

Management pays attention to this stuff.

Reactions: egelband

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
keane just turned 20 with a total of zero nhl games played. he needs prentiss. hes a rookie hello ??? hes trying to make the team as a rook- he wont btw, ADA was slated to be the 2RD and PP guy he wasnt fighting to make the team as an extra.

joey keane @ 925k
adam fox @ 925k

ADA @ 925k

somethings wrong there.

you offer ADA the same deal but for 1 yr that you offer fox and keane who have a total of ZERO nhl games between them

and expect ADA to play 2nd pair minutes with a traffic cone like marc staal as his partner for 925k ??

really and then when he doesn't show up to train but trains on his own that somehow his failing to do something ? he. has. no. contract...

management should pay attention to more stuff like handing out contracts to smith and staal and not being able to move extra average pieces like strome and names even for a draft pick. failure.

he signed trouba and panarin and bought out shatty and screwed the pooch so he cant even resign his best offensive dman for more than rookie max.

after trouba there is NOTHING proven on the right side. nothing.

what a joke

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone actually think that Ada is out of shape? Slow? Weak? Physically unable to play in the NHL?

Anyone?

Whoever he trains with is doing their job then... It may be someone he's trained with for 15 years or something.

Reactions: offdacrossbar

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I just don't get why this is so hard to understand!

Would a literal pie chart help? The pie has been eaten, there's like a bite and a half left... he can eat that bite or he can starve.

THERE'S NO MORE PIE FOR HIM
That’s JGs fault. He had all summer to figure it out.

So now Ada has to get underpaid? This is a JG problem that he created.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
keane just turned 20 with a total of zero nhl games played. he needs prentiss. hes a rookie hello ??? hes trying to make the team as a rook- he wont btw, ADA was slated to be the 2RD and PP guy he wasnt fighting to make the team as an extra.

joey keane @ 925k
adam fox @ 925k

ADA @ 925k

somethings wrong there.

you offer ADA the same deal but for 1 yr that you offer fox and keane who have a total of ZERO nhl games between them

and expect ADA to play 2nd pair minutes with a traffic cone like marc staal as his partner for 925k ??

really and then when he doesn't show up to train but trains on his own that somehow his failing to do something ? he. has. no. contract...

management should pay attention to more stuff like handing out contracts to smith and staal and not being able to move extra average pieces like strome and names even for a draft pick. failure.

he signed trouba and panarin and bought out shatty and screwed the pooch so he cant even resign his best offensive dman for more than rookie max.

after trouba there is NOTHING proven on the right side. nothing.

what a joke
Plenty of established NYR players train with Prentiss. It's not something for rookies and it has nothing to do with what someone's contract status is. I don't think him training with Prentiss or training on his own makes much of a difference but it's just factually unrelated to if someone is a rookie or if someone has a new contract.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
That’s JGs fault. He had all summer to figure it out.

So now Ada has to get underpaid? This is a JG problem that he created.
It's literally the rules of the CBA. Gorton didn't invent them or force ADA to play under them. Tony can only take a contract with one team. That team only has to offer him he QO. Period. It's not some mistake or oversight or problem they created. The rules are what they are, both parties agreed to them, this is what they mean in practice.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

The issue is it doesn't sound like Tony stepped one foot in Connecticut to train with Ben Prentiss.

The Rangers players started together as a group in late August. Tony was nowhere to be found. He shows up the day before camp is supposed to start and then leaves again. Lemieux was here.

So many of the Rangers players and prospects trained at the Prentiss facility. Kravtsov spent his entire summer there. Lundkvist trained there. Andersson. Chytil. Zibanejad got off a plane from Sweden and next day he was pictured at Prentiss working out with the Rangers players. Kreider.

I read this a few days ago.

Rangers keen on prospect Joey Keane

The guys are all skating together and Tony is nowhere to be found. Players are training with Prentiss. It doesn't like Tony spent one day with Prentiss.

Management pays attention to this stuff.

But he follows Brady Skjei’s Rottweiler Instagram account. He’s not a cancer.

Bill Sergio

Mar 2, 2018
I think ADA should be traded. He has proved NOTHING in this league. He is risking all the progress he started to make under Quinn by holding out and not accepting his QO. The Rangers should just trade him and move on.

Deleted member 23124

Pay him his ****ing money and lets move on. Why are we ****ing around with a high potential offensive defenseman in the middle of a rebuild? So stupid.
As I've stated before, it's not like the team is going to fall apart if he doesn't accept. All the "potential" in the world means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad