Player Discussion Tony DeAngelo (MOD WARNINGS: Post #12/#900)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Anybody with a double digit IQ and functioning eyeballs, so clearly not Marc Staal.

blinky

He’s not that important.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon

Not getting ice time whilst most definitely deserving it. Being continuously scratched by AV now DQ. Like, knowing you play fine.

In all honesty, again, every time I see him skate and handle the puck and pass, it looks game-breakingly legit. We have to keep him.

And he has snarl. He could be our Letang if I think about it ...

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Not getting ice time whilst most definitely deserving it. Being continuously scratched by AV now DQ. Like, knowing you play fine.

In all honesty, again, every time I see him skate and handle the puck and pass, it looks game-breakingly legit. We have to keep him.

And he has snarl. He could be our Letang if I think about it ...

Ok why are they keeping himnfrom greatness.

Keep in your mind, there is zero percent chance your take is wrong, so why is Rangerstown doing this?

Reactions: Mandar

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Keep in your mind, there is zero percent chance your take is wrong, so why is Rangerstown doing this?
Yawn, we get it, you dont like DeAngelo. Must you try to throw your hate of the kid down everyones throats? At this point all you’re doing is trolling the thread.

effen

Feb 3, 2018

I'm pretty sure a big issue is his temper and this is being done for his longterm greater good.

Quinn's not blind and gives him plenty of icetime when he plays if he's playing well, including end of game up 1 goal 1 minute to go shifts. He's not

If anything not playing him means they're keeping him, he'd be a sneaky "showcase" if they didn't want him longterm.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I'm pretty sure a big issue is his temper and this is being done for his longterm greater good.

Quinn's not blind and gives him plenty of icetime when he plays if he's playing well, including end of game up 1 goal 1 minute to go shifts. He's not

If anything not playing him means they're keeping him, he'd be a sneaky "showcase" if they didn't want him longterm.

The point I’m trying to make is he is less important to management as he is to some on these boards.

It explains away alot of the other crap.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
The point I’m trying to make is he is less important to management as he is to some on these boards.

It explains away alot of the other crap.
Everyone's desperate for a mascot or three on this dumpster fire team. Some people also like martyrs. And the less someone plays, the less warts you get to see and the better they get in your imagination.

I think mgmt is pretty high on him tbh. Outside of the temper.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'll say this for DeAngelo, he's a much better bubble will-he-won't-he make it offensive D than Clendening was.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Everyone's desperate for a mascot or three on this dumpster fire team. Some people also like martyrs. And the less someone plays, the less warts you get to see and the better they get in your imagination.

I think mgmt is pretty high on him tbh. Outside of the temper.

It’s mostly this, and if it’s this, then there is nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Mandar

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Guys...for future reference, the last super star to be kept out of a professional league for prejudice, conspiracy, etc. was Jackie Robinson, and even he made it and more than excelled in the Major Leagues under hostile conditions to say the least, so...

if the player to which you are referring is not Jackie Robinson, he’s either not ready or not good enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: The S5

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon

Some guys keep talking about these being hockey decision. They are not. This is buisness and it will stay buisness. They probably saw that we win with ADA in the lineup and get dunked on when we play other D.

The plan is to tank, so they will do what is appropriate to tank. They want to sell at the TDL, the will do what improves the odds of doing that by showcasing - yes, again someone said there is no such thing; there absolutely is - the contracts they have to get rid of. Other GMs may see things in players we don't.

Honestly sitting ADA is fine by me as long as ADA doesn't feel exceptionally mistreated and just declares he wants out. He has so stay and play the next seasons. He could be the veteran D when the most recent picks come up to play. Only thing worrying me is ADA's confidence and motivation dropping because he doesn't get any icetime.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Some guys keep talking about these being hockey decision. They are not. This is buisness and it will stay buisness. They probably saw that we win with ADA in the lineup and get dunked on when we play other D.

The plan is to tank, so they will do what is appropriate to tank. They want to sell at the TDL, the will do what improves the odds of doing that by showcasing - yes, again someone said there is no such thing; there absolutely is - the contracts they have to get rid of. Other GMs may see things in players we don't.

Honestly sitting ADA is fine by me as long as ADA doesn't feel exceptionally mistreated and just declares he wants out. He has so stay and play the next seasons. He could be the veteran D when the most recent picks come up to play. Only thing worrying me is ADA's confidence and motivation dropping because he doesn't get any icetime.

I was trying to say wtf do you care so much about ADA. It’s NOT just you, and it’s weird.

And he’s not so awesome that the Rangers are focusing on sitting him to tank.

And the whole thing worrying about his confidence and shit. f*** man...

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Honestly...can some medium help me out here.

Is this weird shit with ADA some post 2010 thing where people follow players more than teams?

I’ve seen that popping up a lot now in the post affordable ticket era fan diaspora that gets worse by the day.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

This sounds like a conspiracy theory and I just don't buy it.

Although I kinda hope it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad