GDT: Tony D won't be visiting YOUR CAROLINA HURRICANES tonight because he speared someone in the Tony D

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
cosign on the spoiled thing. some of you wouldn't have survived watching pavel brendl torching darts on the bench between shifts and jan hlavac in general. we didn't have a "farm system" or "practice space" but we made it work.

Was at Jan Hlavac hat trick game against the Wings and it was a “foundational memory” game of my childhood.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, we’re spoiled.

This board used to be almost entirely about hoping that Boychuk, Bowman, Terry, Dalpe, Borer, Carson, Biega, Alt, etc. would lead us to the promised land someday.

And nowadays it’s like “how’s Drury doing in Chicago? f*** idk. Former first round pick Suzuki, he’s starting to pick up the pace and may be an NHL player someday again? Cool I guess, idk how he’d get a spot but if you say so.”

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
MFERS act like they forgot about Derek Joslin
I remember the days when we were hyped for our defensive pipeline of Brett Carson, Casey Borer, and Bryan Rodney.

Although, to be fair, Borer's career was really derailed by that bus crash. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago now.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Yeah, we’re spoiled.

This board used to be almost entirely about hoping that Boychuk, Bowman, Terry, Dalpe, Borer, Carson, Biega, Alt, etc. would lead us to the promised land someday.

And nowadays it’s like “how’s Drury doing in Chicago? f*** idk. Former first round pick Suzuki, he’s starting to pick up the pace and may be an NHL player someday again? Cool I guess, idk how he’d get a spot but if you say so.”

Right. Prospects and ELCs are luxuries now rather than necessities. I will say that if Suzuki and Drury pan out as NHL players next season, however, that the 2024 offseason will become that much easier.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
I'm sitting here committing involuntary ticks and shudders of my head reading these posts. Trying to keep the volume down from outbursts that qualify as severe tourettes...

Damn PTSD is very real... all that therapy to try to block out those dark b years and it all goes to waste as all the nightmares aboit that time come flooding back .

Yes we are totally spoiled now. It could be so much worse and has been for many previous seasons..

I need to go lie down now..

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
"Carolina doesn't have a deep farm system and doesn't have great depth at the NHL level. Why don't college UFAs see this as an opportunity for immediate playing time?"

"Oh, that's the type of player that sees Carolina as an opportunity for immediate playing time."

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Over the past 3 seasons, the Canes have a .721 points percentage. That's tracking to be the best 3 consecutive season stretch post-lockout. I should note that sample size varies; there's possibly some bias towards teams in the shortened pandemic era. Still, the club exceeds all contemporaries. Other .700 club members:

05/06 - 07/08 Detroit - .715
17/18 - 19/20 Tampa - .712
18/19 - 20/21 Tampa - .709
19/20 - 21/22 Colorado - .704
20/21 - 22/23 Boston - .704

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Pretty sure that was Sanheim--#6 and not Provorov #9---but laying on the ice all game, I guess it would depend on which end of the ice you were on... After the 20th time of doing it, I was hoping somebody would grant his wish and put a puck into his ribs.
Yes thank you. I confused the #6s and #9s about two players going down and one of them being anti-pride.

:sarcasm:

Now that you say that it does make sense. The guy was huge, and it was the 6'4" guy and not the 6'1" Provorov.

Reactions: zman77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad