Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Refs are calling everything.. gonna have to play disciplined

Might be a little hard with the likes of Phaneuf, Perry, Richards, Ladd, etc

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Current/Final Score???

Game Summary...Crosby, Richards, Bergeron, MacArthur then who got the 5th and 6th goals? Are there more to report? Has Finland got on the scoreboard yet or is Glass holding down the goose egg?

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Bergeron(from Crosby) and Barker got the 5th and 6th I believe

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Great game by Team Canada. I was impressed by the whole team, especially Crosby he looks great out there, he battles for loose pucks and does all the little things very well. All 4 of the lines played great, Perry was good, Carter also stood out he is going to be a hell of a player in the future. Great effort and players didn't take shifts off. :handclap: :handclap:

TopGun12

Dec 22, 2003
I was looking forward to see Rask and then they play the back-up, oh well he wouldn't have made a difference as the Canadian forwards were too big for the Finns to handle.

leafaholix*

The final cut should come down to Syvret and Belle.

Syvret played a good game, but made a couple questionable plays with the puck. On the other hand, Belle was strong physically, but he's as dumb as a door knob with the puck.

Quincey played well.

espo*

they are still important though,it gives the teams a chance to build and develop their chemistry and game plan,get the kinks out and correct problems the team is displaying.You can't read a whole lot into them but they are essential for getting ready. They played well tonight,i would have liked to see Glass get more work but he looked o.k when tested the few times he was. Crosby? well......he's going to be a star.I really liked Mcarthur and Dixon out there tonight also.Better keep Perry with Crosby and Colliton for the power play.Maybe even give them some more regular shifts together too...i see some nice stuff developing with them.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
TML said:
What were the lines tonight? Can someone post them? Thanks in advance.

Crosby Bergeron Colliton
Ladd Carter Getzlaff
Dawes Richards Stewart
Dixon Frasor MacArthur

Perry

Perry did play on the power play with Bergeron and Crosby. Often played on the line with carter or Frasor's.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Hercules Rockefeller said:
Corey Perry > Jeremy Colliton

Hopefully Sutter realizes this too.

True.

I don't think anyone would deny you that claim.

However, I think the line of Crosby-Bergeron-Colliton allows Crosby and Bergeron a much greater luxury of focusing solely on playing on the offensive with the defensive awareness of Colliton.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Hercules Rockefeller said:
Corey Perry > Jeremy Colliton

Hopefully Sutter realizes this too.
What about Perry > Ladd. Ladd Didnt impress me and he looked like he should be the 13th foward. Everytime Perry was on the ice,something happened. This guy is amazing with the puck and he should be on the Carter line.

leafaholix*

Just watching Ladd and Coburn play, it blows my mind how these guys were such high draft picks. And Ladd, well he does the small things well, but doesn't look like he's got any major upside to go #4 in the draft.

leafaholix*

Btw... how ****** crafty is Corey Perry?

Jeeez.

He's got some nice hands.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Leafaholix said:
Btw... how ****** crafty is Corey Perry?

Jeeez.

He's got some nice hands.

He's got some awkward looking moves! He may not have the wheels but he can dangle flat-footed better than anyone.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
jcpenny said:
What about Perry > Ladd. Ladd Didnt impress me and he looked like he should be the 13th foward. Everytime Perry was on the ice,something happened. This guy is amazing with the puck and he should be on the Carter line.

Very true. He and Getzlaf have played together before, so there might be some chemistry there(at least I hope so).

Either way, while a guy like Colliton is good defensively, IMO Perry is a much better fit on the offensive line. If I'm completely wrong, then Perry should at least be playing with some other line, and not be the 13th forward. He's way too talented to be the 13th forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad