Pre-Game Talk: Tomorrow is Saturday Night, and another BOA shall commence 8PM MT on HNIC/CHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
FOd3VD1VEAMkBdN.jpeg.jpg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't think the Flames are for real. I know they have a great record, and I do think they are a deep team, but this isn't that different of a team than the one from last year. They've had some great luck with injuries, and built steady chemistry from that. I suppose the real test is in the playoffs, but if the Oilers play their A game tomorrow, it should be an Oilers win.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
We’re going to destroy them.

I’ll be at that game live, looking forward to it. Should be a fun atmosphere, it’s an important game for us like all of them down the stretch.

Oh man, that'll be fun if the Oilers crush them, and you can live it up in their barn. Here's hoping.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oh man, that'll be fun if the Oilers crush them, and you can live it up in their barn. Here's hoping.

There’s a lot of Oiler fans in Calgary, it’ll be a loud crowd and lots of fun.

Calgary is a good hockey city, it’s not just a Flames town. There’s a massive contingent of Oiler fans, lots of Leafs and Canucks fans too.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

Calgary is a good hockey city, it’s not just a Flames town. There’s a massive contingent of Oiler fans, lots of Leafs and Canucks fans too.
Yeah, that's true. For that reason, I kinda hope they do get a newer arena. I haven't been in the Saddledome, but it's growing long in the tooth, and it's just better for all those hockey fan contingents you mentioned if there was a more modern and comfortable venue (but mostly for visiting Oiler fans).

Last edited:

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

Maybe that explains why their management always has such a hard on for former Oilers n former Canucks

Reactions: oilers'72

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I don't think the Flames are for real. I know they have a great record, and I do think they are a deep team, but this isn't that different of a team than the one from last year. They've had some great luck with injuries, and built steady chemistry from that. I suppose the real test is in the playoffs, but if the Oilers play their A game tomorrow, it should be an Oilers win.

WIth the Flames, I can see them going pretty far but I can also just see them getting knocked out in the first round. Like if they draw Minnesota or something in the first round, good luck.

I think they have a "playoff" type of roster. Lots of big guys on the back end that can clutch and grab. Pretty good depth, pretty good defensively. Sutters a good coach.

They dont have a ton of gamebreakers though. They dont have the best center depth. I could see their offense drying up, due to lack of game breakers (Gaudreau for example tends to disappear in the playoffs). How far can Lindholm and Tkachuk carry the offense in the post season?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Biggest difference to me, is that Markstrom is playing like the goalie that they signed to that big contract. Last year, he was trash. They also have Tyler Tofolli for additional scoring and he should not be underestimated. The guy is a big time pressure scorer. And added significant depth and grit this year with Blake Coleman and Ryan Carpenter, and upgraded their bottom d pairing with Gudbranson and Zadorov. I hate them immensely, as we all do, but they did make some very good adds in addition to Markstrom finding his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad