Confirmed with Link: Tomas Plekanec Back with Habs (1-Year @ $2.25M + Bonuses - Could Go to $3.5M)

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
LojI5nA.png
Canadiens sign Tomas Plekanec [1 year/$1,000,000]

I'm a more credible insider than LeBrun :sarcasm:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Look, if Plekanec can be used as a 4th line center / occasional healthy scratch / mentorship role for DLR and McCarron.

I'd be ok with bringing him back...

But I know that's not what's going to happen...it's going to be the middle of winter, the Habs will be siting well outside the playoffs and Plekanec will be playing 16 mins a game.

I just can't man...
I can't either. Plekanec is the least of my problems. Join me in Laval -- we can at least argue about players who might someday make a difference.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Look, if Plekanec can be used as a 4th line center / occasional healthy scratch / mentorship role for DLR and McCarron.

But I know that's not what's going to happen...it's going to be the middle of winter, the Habs will be siting well outside the playoffs and Plekanec will be playing 16 mins a game.

I just can't man...
Kinda funny how Plekanec it's like the only subject where it's you that's the super negative one about the outlook of potential usage and management of the Habs.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I can't either. Plekanec is the least of my problems. Join me in Laval -- we can at least argue about players who might someday make a difference.
Lol I'll take you up on that...I'll try my best to spare the board with my Plekanec gripes this year.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Kinda funny how Plekanec it's like the only subject where it's you that's the super negative one about the outlook of potential usage and management of the Habs.
Unlike alot of the fear mongering about Habs management (shouldn't we be hearing about the Habs signing Jack Johnson, Antoine Roussell, Tyler Bozak to inflated deals any minute now), aka signings or trades of players that never happen...

This is actually rooted in reality..but maybe the coaching staff has turned over a new leaf and they've finally realized that using a 35-36yr old uni-dimensional player as one of your highest TOI players, doesn't make much sense.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
So basically it means we give up on the next season but will try to tank with Weber and Price in the lineup. Can't say i support this move.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Unlike alot of the fear mongering about Habs management (shouldn't we be hearing about the Habs signing Jack Johnson, Antoine Roussell, Tyler Bozak to inflated deals any minute now), aka signings or trades of players that never happen...

This is actually rooted in reality..but maybe the coaching staff has turned over a new leaf and they've finally realized that using a 35-36yr old uni-dimensional player as one of your highest TOI players, doesn't make much sense.

The problem is not and has never been using a veterans. The problem is not trusting kids and living with their mistakes. And i'm not sure that changed at all. Plekanec will play because there's nobody else.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Im just happy it's 1 year. Could have been a lot worse
Keep getting players with 1 year left or sign them 1 year and flip everyone at the deadline !!!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

JJ has a deal with Pens. Roussel with Vancouver. Even Perron is going back to St. Louis.

Nothing on Bozek yet.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The problem is not and has never been using a veterans. The problem is not trusting kids and living with their mistakes. And i'm not sure that changed at all. Plekanec will play because there's nobody else.
Having Plekanec gives coaches the excuse to not live with young players mistakes.

Coaching staff goes to bed just fine living with Plekanec's mistakes...he's far from a flawless player.

Reactions: Peanut

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
I don’t mind this move if it’s a a decent price, no matter how much we are left with at the start of the season we look even more stupid if we over paid him.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
So basically it means we give up on the next season but will try to tank with Weber and Price in the lineup. Can't say i support this move.
Both of them need to be traded and tbh I can see Weber going at the deadline that is of course if his mobility is not affected too badly from the injury and surgery. Teams will definitely be interested in him but will need to see if he can still play. A team looking to go on a long playoff run will most certainly want him.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If we are rebuilding then Price and Weber should be shopped.

I would keep Weber for now because we need a vet presence and alone he can't change anything but MB should definitely do everything he can to trade Price. You are not rebuilding with Price in the lineup he's way too dangerous. Even if the return is super bad Price should be moved. We can wait to get what we want for Weber.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

I just can't man...

Im still laughing

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Pleks has been a great soldier for us. Can’t see why anyone would be mad at him being a part of the rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad