Tomas Kopecky

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
So hard to believe Slopecky scored 15 goals for us a few years back. He isn't even good at the things that used to make him an effective bottom 6 winger. So dang slow he can't get to the corners in time to join puck battles. Watching him chase the puck around and fall down on the PK last night was kind of sad.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Florida Panthers equipment manager, think his name was Chris, told me TKop is one hell of a ping pong player.

So....there's that?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Him and Upshall. We don't need them anymore.

I think Upshall may get an offer from Tallon, I wouldn't be opposed to it if Scottie understands he would be the 12/13th forward and it's a one year deal no higher than $2.3 million.

I hate his stupid penalties but love the way the guy can throw himself into the corners and land a big hit. I really only see Howden as the AHLer to make the jump up to the NHL next year. Rocco will get a call if we get multiple injuries on forward.

Howden - Mack - Upshall would be a solid 4th line, tons of speed and physicality but they probably wouldn't rack up big points. Thornton as the scratch most nights. Yes? No?

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I'm almost certain that Kopecky won't be here next season as I almost don't notice him at all if he's in the lineup unless we're on the PK.

I think Upshall has a better chance for a 1 or 2-year deal and for cheap. He's a love or hate kind of guy depending on what he causes. I hate him because of his careless penalties, but like his effort and energy.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Kopecky is not a NHL level player anymore. I hope him, Upshall and Boyes are gone.

Boyes because if he's still here means we have not acquired a top 6 winger. Boyes is horrible defensively, is very soft.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Kopecky is not a NHL level player anymore. I hope him, Upshall and Boyes are gone.

Boyes because if he's still here means we have not acquired a top 6 winger. Boyes is horrible defensively, is very soft.

I would have said differently in mid-season, but I'm in agreement with Boyes and would be all in favor of dealing him if Tallon can. He regressed in my eyes from last season despite getting around the same point total. Even though the free agent crop is poor, I'm sure there are decently priced better options to take his place on the wing. That is of course if Tallon can't pull off a trade.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I would have said differently in mid-season, but I'm in agreement with Boyes and would be all in favor of dealing him if Tallon can. He regressed in my eyes from last season despite getting around the same point total. Even though the free agent crop is poor, I'm sure there are decently priced better options to take his place on the wing. That is of course if Tallon can't pull off a trade.

Boyes is on a good contract. He puts up points. Is good in the faceoff dot. Unless we deal him in a major trade I see no reason to get rid of Boyes. I doubt there would better priced options in free agency!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad