Tomas Kopecky

Erick*

Anyone been watching the games lately and wonder how Kopecky is still in the NHL? I've disliked him before but it was mostly due to the fact that we had to watch him play on our scoring lines (how pathetic was that?) These days, is he even a 4th liner? What's his value at the trade deadline? I wonder if we can get another team to buy into the "he's a winner" BS or if Tallon is the only GM who still falls for those types of things.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
5on5 he's been brutal all season long, but even his specialty PK has been lacking recently.

I doubt anyone wants him. Playoffs are about speed and intensity, Kopecky just doesn't have that anymore.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Swap Howden for Kopecky and our PK is better and we probably have at least one short handed goal. Kopecky and Thornton don't belong in the NHL anymore.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I think Kopecky gets crapped on a lot unfairly. Last season he was terrible and I don't think anyone can argue that. He's played decent hockey this season. Still with that being said he shouldn't be back next year. Let Howden finish the season in the AHL then call him up next year.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I see Kopecky as an asset in the locker room as I've heard the younger players seem to love him and on the PK, but not really anywhere else as I don't notice him in most games. If we're really going to improve the roster, I don't see him back next year.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Remember when he scored 15 goals during the lockout year? And had a hat trick?!?! Hahahaha

Erick*

He needs to retire. I agree with those saying that his stay in the NHL won't last much longer.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
He should be waived.

Bring up Garrett Wilson, Howden, or Brickley over Kopy.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
he's been making mistakes galore and absolutely can not finish. if we can get anything for him i'd be ecstatic.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I keep seeing people clamoring for Howden to come up. You all realize he's played all of 10 games this season, right (and none in over 6 weeks)?

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
I keep seeing people clamoring for Howden to come up. You all realize he's played all of 10 games this season, right (and none in over 6 weeks)?

yepp but it can't get any wore than kopecky. howden has played in the nhl and have done a decent job + he got some speed going for him.
someone mentioned that wilson is probably gonna get the call-up tho.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Per the statistics page on the Panthers website, Kopecky has the worst shooting percentage among players who have scored a goal (2.2%) with Shane O'Brien and Alex Petrovic the only ones below him at 0% and he is 8th on the team in shots (90). Also, he has the worst +/- on the team (-17). His point total features a whopping two goals and five assists in 52 games.

In my opinion, he will probably not return.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
You guys think Kopecky gets a contract with any team in the NHL next season? Or is his career done?

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
Never liked the term Tallon signed this guy to in the 1st place. But he was one of Tallon's Hawks. Hopefully Tallon resist the urge to sign him to an extension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad