Recalled/Assigned: Tomas Jurco to the Griffins, Luke Glendening Recalled

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
ANN ARBOR -- The Detroit Red Wings have reassigned forward Tomas Jurco to the Grand Rapids Griffins and recalled Luke Glendening.

Jurco had three points (two goals, assist) and an even plus-minus rating in seven games with the Red Wings, his first taste of NHL experience.

Link

Johnz96*

They need to make room in the top 6 and on the PP for Bert, Abby and Cleary.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
It was probably to add an extra center so Datsyuk and Zetterberg can play together.

Glendening was great in the AHL game at Commerica yesterday hopefully that play continues.

Sucks for Jurco though to miss both outdoor games.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
its best not to over-react because the moves we have made this year have all worked out as expected and their is no way they could be wrong...

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Terrible move.... Not only do we lose size and skill, but now Jurco doesn't get an outside game. Confidence crusher.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
smh, Jurco misses both outdoor games and we recall Glendening? Really? I know he scored twice yesterday for the Griffins, but this is really lame. I can't believe he's ahead of Sheahan and Ferraro on the depth chart.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Babcock should just roll out a Bert-Glendenning-Cleary line as the 1st line and play it 20+ minutes. You know he wants too.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Don't even understand this move but then I've given up on what's rollin around in babcock's head

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Babcock should just roll out a Bert-Glendenning-Cleary line as the 1st line and play it 20+ minutes. You know he wants too.

You're partially right.

It will be the 4th line but he is playing with Cleary though.

Projected lines for the game tomorrow are these.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Abdelkader - Helm - Eaves (or Alfie if he's ready to go...he left practice early so I'm doubtful)
Tatar - Andersson - Miller
Nyquist - Glendening - Cleary

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
You're partially right.

Abdelkader - Helm - Eaves (or Alfie if he's ready to go...he left practice early so I'm doubtful)

Ugh. Babcock, why?

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
You're partially right.

Top six forward injured, better send down Jurco and call up Glendening. Holland logic. SMH.

Perd Hapley

Ya Heard With Perd
Jul 9, 2010
He only played 8 minutes against Nashville so it would be better to have him on the top line on the Griffins the rest of the year instead of the third or fourth line on the Wings. I wouldn't have sent him down until Alfie was ready to come back but it still isn't the worst thing having him in the AHL the rest of the year and bringing him up full time next year, just sucks he and Mrazek are missing both outdoor games.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Inevitable. He will be getting twice the minutes in GR. With everyone coming back and healthy this isn't a huge shock. Happy with what he brought while he was here though, should definitely be on the 3rd line next year.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Why can't Datsyuk and Zetterberg play with a skilled player who can skate? Give them Nyquist. Hell give them Eaves at this point.

Detroit Sports*

He did this because Glendening is from Michigan! Luke will be his new Cleary one day....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad