Tom Wilson with a pretty aggressive high stick (suspended 6 games)

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
The refs who reviewed that should be immediately fired for not giving him a major + game misconduct. No excuse for that sh1t.

+5 game suspension incoming or the NHL is a worse laughing stock than expected. I would say 5 games for the slash/high stick and add 3 for Wilsons history, so 8 games seems like a proper punishment for this repeat f***bag.

Where do you I report the officials for being criminally inept at doing their jobs? If I was so pathetic at my job I would be fired in an instant!

Last edited:

coolboarder

Mar 4, 2010
Maryland
AT this point, I would be surprised if Parros gives him a suspension. I have no expectation at all when it comes to him. He cannot even discern what is right and wrong as he is former goon. That type of play is similar to illegal check to the head hit on Miller last week and he wasn't even gotten anything, not even a fine. One common theme, he wasn't injured.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I read the thread. It's kind of mild compared to the venom Trouba receives. Actually to be honest considering how much praise the guy got when he body slammed Panarin without a helmet on I guess I should take this as progress. Let's be honest Wilson is just a hard working throwback type player that isn't completely useless as a hockey player. *HF swoons*

Very bizarre. Tom Wilson has received far far more hate than trouba. And has been a public enemy oh hf boards way longer. You are stretching what to hard to feel like a victim

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
I think it's because George knew exactly what he was doing shoving his stick in Wilson's face. It was an instinctual reaction by Wilson.

Gregors stick hits Wilson in on the chest, not in the head if you watch the video, and its not even near his face! But probably Parros will claim Wilson was traumatized by that and as a reflex swung his stick! It will be some kind of laughable shit like that to get Tom off the hook as always!

Last edited:

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
Gregors stick hits Wilson in on the chest, not in the head if you watch the video, and its not even near his face! But probably Parros will claim Wilson was traumatized by that and as a reflex swung his stick! It will be some kind of laughable shit like that to get Tom off the hook as always!
The heel of his stick is in the upper chest area with the toe blade catching Wilson in the face, clearly you're not looking at the same video as I am. There was absolutely no reason for George to get his stick up like that other than trying to catch Wilson in the face.

Not excusing Wilson swinging his stick like that, but it's 100% an instinctual reaction to getting a stick in the face. Even in slowmo Wilson swings his stick .5 seconds after getting tagged in the face.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Repeat offender and doing something stupid so should be three-ish games. It almost feels like DOPES will not do anything because they are random instead of consistent.

Retaliatory stick swinging to the face away from the puck. No idea why it wasn't a major, but that better be a suspension for a repeat offender.

It should be significant suspension. But that's not how the NHL rolls with discipline. A repeat offender who is a screw-loose dude on the ice should expect to be sitting a lot longer but here we are, wondering if he'll get anything let alone how much.

Tom Wilson is not a repeat offender.

''A repeat offender is one who has been suspended for a second offense within 18 months of the previous offense.''

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The "imagine the outrage if player X did this" posts are almost always really stupid, but this time they are extremely stupid because this is Tom Wilson we're talking about. People are always outraged about Tom Wilson.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
Imagine if McDavid did this…

There’d be a SWAT team on his heated driveway

Last time Connor crosschecked someone in the back with the risk of paralyzing the player he was not even give a 2 minute penalty, so I highly doubt that :)

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Would be four games for a two hander. But Paros will reason Wilson only used a one hander and suspend half, so 2 games.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Should be a suspension. Period.

Also, the self-absorption of some posters who are insistent on using everything and anything to whine about how your team/players are victimized is really sad and infantile. Thread is about Wilson. Not Kadri. Or Rempe. Or Trouba. Or Kane. Or the entire Leafs roster.

Last edited:

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
If a Leaf player did this the circle jerk narrative in Canada's hockey media would be about players always having to be responsible for their stick and how many games do you think they'll get to send a message.

I don't even think Parros has it out for the Leafs, I just think he's an idiot and easily influenced by media attention.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
Tom Wilson is not a repeat offender.

''A repeat offender is one who has been suspended for a second offense within 18 months of the previous offense.''
“Repeat offender” status only matters for how the fine is calculated. His entire disciplinary history can be considered when deciding on a suspension length.
1711014552138.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad