Tom Wilson v Adam Lowry

Tom Wilson v Adam Lowry

• Wilson

• Lowry

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
Cup Champions top line forward vs Winnipeg's 3rd line forward.

Can we compare Ovechkin to Andrew Copp next? He also threw some naughty hits and arguably shouldn't be in the league because it's 2018. Am I doing this right?

If a guy like wilson is on your top line you have a problem.

Reactions: The Big M

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Lowry getting criminally underrated ITT

Yeah he's a pretty scary guy below the goal line when he's hunting on the forecheck. Definitely a coveted guy come playoff time. But so is Wilson. And the analytics really like him despite tough and defensive usage. Good player.

Reactions: snowkiddin

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Cup Champions top line forward vs Winnipeg's 3rd line forward.

Tom Wilson rarely got on the scoreboard before joining the top line, he's a good role player. And I don't remember Wilson being a great shutdown player, he was just a hard to play against bottom sixer. I could imagine that if they were traded Lowry could end up on that top line, and Wilson back in the bottom six.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
This isn't about who "should or shouldn't be in the league", this is about whom is better and it is Tom Wilson. Plugs onto the top line as a physical force, a hell of a PKer, and apparently this year a point producer.

Lowry brings a lot to a bottom 6 but that's where it stops. He doesn't fit in a top 6 role.

There's actually a lot of players who fit in top 6 as a winger. Mp is playing bottom line minutes but can play in top 6

Using the top 6 vs bottom 6 argument is silly
Lowry plays on 3rd line minutes, But against top lines

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Tom Wilson rarely got on the scoreboard before joining the top line, he's a good role player. And I don't remember Wilson being a great shutdown player, he was just a hard to play against bottom sixer. I could imagine that if they were traded Lowry could end up on that top line, and Wilson back in the bottom six.

No way Lowry could be on the Caps top6. And no way we trade Tom for Lowry. We already have an 'Adam Lowry' in Chandler Stephenson and he is healthy scratch most of the time.

- Stephenson is faster than Lowry
- Stephenson is better penalty killer
- Stephenson is better at faceoffs
- Stephenson is younger than Lowry
- Stephenson scored 2 more goals and 5 more points in 18/19 playoffs
- Stephenson is a better shutdown player than Lowry
- Stephenson is SC Champion

Mathieu Perreault was not good enough to be the third line C at Washington. Adam Lowry could be 12/13th forward with Caps but he needs to win the battle for this role.

Tom Wilson is another level player. He annihilated Vegas top line in the SC final.

Reactions: Portable Mink

major major

Feb 18, 2013
No way Lowry could be on the Caps top6. And no way we trade Tom for Lowry. We already have an 'Adam Lowry' in Chandler Stephenson and he is healthy scratch most of the time.

Mathieu Perreault was not good enough to be the third line C at Washington. Adam Lowry could be 12/13th forward with Caps but he needs to win the battle for this role.

Tom Wilson is another level player. He annihilated Vegas top line in the SC final.

I was impressed by how the Caps lineup came together during the playoffs last year. But the common thinking going into it was that depth was a concern for the Caps. It's rich to argue that the Caps are an especially deep team that Lowry would have a hard time cracking. Boyd and Dowd are AHLers, Connolly and Smith-Pelley are plucked off the trash heap. Wilson didn't have much competition for a top-six role. You've got an uphill argument if you're comparing the Caps depth to the Jets.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

He's been developing for the past 5 years. Wilson probably doesn't beat Wheeler/Connor/Laine/Ehlers on skill but there's still a chance the jets want him above one of them in the top 6 in the playoffs because he can score while creating tons of space and playing a simple reliable game.

There's a reason the caps never got past the 2nd round despite 10+ years of Ovechkin, Backstrom and god knows who else until they were able to get a Wilson who could play at a top line level.

Wilson was always a good shutdown player for a winger, but he did it primarily through physicality. Shutdown play is also somewhat overrated, we have Lars Eller who is a better more experienced Adam Lowry and no way in hell would I trade Tom Wilson for 2 Lars Ellers.

And Boyd is producing over .5 PPG given 4th line linemates and deployment, he may have come from the AHL but he's about as much of an AHLer as Mathieu Perreault

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
- Smith-Pelley scored seven 5on5 goals in the 18/19 playoffs. How many Jets players scored more than 6 ? Zero.
- Boyd is at 4.05 points per 60 minutes of 5on5 time this season. Connolly is at 2.77. How many Jets players produce more than 2.51 this season? Last season? Zero.
- Dowd has 61.54 GF% this season. How many Jets do better ? Zero.

If you have 20 Yakoupov on your team, doesn't mean you have depth. Even if you are from the West Conf.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I did and they won every game he was suspended for so it did not have crap to do with him .
Uh, no. This is false. They did not win every game he was suspended for.

Against PIT they were 2-1 without him... and 2-1 with him. Really solid argument you’ve got here.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

Well that's one of the cutest hot takes I've ever seen. Bonus points for the easy to read format.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad