Tom Wilson takes down Panarin, fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich - Part 5

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Your timeline is devoid of what actually happened.

Panarin AND Strome both violated 3rd man in rules.

And the hairpull... Wilson was trying to grab the top of his jersey for leverage.
OH NOES! THEY VIOLATED THE 3RD MAN RULEZ!

Sorry, friend. That has nothing to do with what I posted. If you think Panarin and Strome should have received match penalties - fine. Whatever. But it does not change that Panarin was tying up Wilson (who was punching a downed opponent), which again, does not imply consent to a fight. And your defense of the hair pull is laughable. That a substantially larger, seasoned fighter was so out of control that he can't tell the difference between a jersey and hair is...something. I'm surprised you didn't go with "Crosby pulled his hair from the grassy knoll!"

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I posted a fully rational response. You chose to ignore it. What do you expect TW to do in that situation? He was protecting his goalie. The punch was gloved and to a helmet but it was out of line and was appropriately fined. THE END. Right? Wrong. Then the entire NYR team on the ice jumps on him.

Since you keep saying TW didn't have to do X and Y, I assume you expected him to do something else. What was it? Can you at least answer that?
Tom Wilson is the Devil Incarnate. You are as bad for defending him. You and Tom Wilson throw babies in the air and catch them on spears for fun.

I hope I clarified this for you.:laugh: You're putting up a noble (and winning) fight against those who haven't formed an opinion during their entire lives that hasn't been formed for them by a TV executive.

Panarin didn't even get close to his just due. Wilson could have justifiably beaten him into oblivion for jumping him.

Reactions: Hal 9000

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
Wilson was already separated from Buch before Panarin got involved, Strome was who he was engaged with when Panarin jumped on him.

I think you need to lose the manufactured outrage and actually watch the videos of the incident. Your clearly blinded to the events as they occurred.

I'm guessing you've never been in a hockey scrum, when you're trying to grab a hold of someone to get leverage with a gloved hand, there isn't much feel to what you're grabbing.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Tom Wilson is the Devil Incarnate. You are as bad for defending him. You and Tom Wilson throw babies in the air and catch them on spears for fun.

I hope I clarified this for you.:laugh: You're putting up a noble (and winning) fight against those who haven't formed an opinion during their entire lives that hasn't been formed for them by a TV executive.

Panarin didn't even get close to his just due. Wilson could have justifiably beaten him into oblivion for jumping him.
Your post is every bit as irrational as his was. Lots of strawmanning. Very telling

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
You do realize that means that, unlike Wilson, Ovechkin learned where the line was, right?

That's part of what makes Ovechkin such a great player to root for. He realized that there was a line he shouldn't and couldn't cross and adapted.
Kind of the opposite. When you watched the transition it was clear that he didn’t know where the line was at all and backed way down to avoid being suspended again, best goal scorer in the league and all. He didn’t find the line and play right up to it, we all just got a less engaged Ovechkin. Remember when he was done? There were a lot of reasons but this was one of them.

Half of what did it was all the people crying about how he was reckless with no remorse or doing it on purpose and dirty. He was a villain who injured his opponents to remove them from the game to some people and tried to actually kill Brian Campbell. Wasn’t true, but it confused and bothered him.

Don’t know how you don’t remember this happening as a Rangers fan since they took advantage of it pretty hard for the next few years.

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Oh I get it, it’s like a gimmick parody account. Pretty good once you realize what’s going on.
Nah I think he's just being dishonest bc he's biased and I'm choosing not to engage with it until he decides to be honest. I didn't check his post history but I guess you could do that for someone you suspect is just a gimmick and you'll find out pretty quick though even if you think it's me

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
More on this armchair forensic ridiculousness and the situation he was in, being held and punched from several directions.

upload_2021-5-7_15-9-39.png

Reactions: Neil Racki

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
More on this armchair forensic ridiculousness and the situation he was in, being held and punched from several directions.

View attachment 431036

This doesn't dispute that this dude has some sort of mental/anger management issues. He showed zero remorse from his actions in the Penalty box when he was taunting Quinn and the rest of the Rangers bench. He enjoyed the carnage that ensued in game 2 by chuckling in the penalty box.

I can easily deduce that after the circus of game 2, Caps management and/or coaching staff insisted Wilson take the high road with any media interactions. They want to distance themselves from this situation so they don't have to worry about the league/referees looking at him with a microscope during the playoffs.

Finally, Wilson and his defenders are completely dismissing the most important piece. The game has/has to change if it wants to fix head injuries in the league. If you have to immediately leave the ice because you lost your helmet, or a fight has to be stopped because your helmet came off, then the players need to be mindful as well. These guys are skating 20+ mph and have some of the best reaction and hand eye skills of the human population. You can take the milisecond to assess that Panarin doesn't have a lid on and instead of Ragdolling him by the back of his head, give him a facewash or bear hug. This is where the league/DOPS garners the biggest criticism for letting this part of the incident slid (and clearly in Wilson's mind) because it was just a "normal hockey scrum."

At the end of the day Wilson still has shown that he truly can't grasp the fine line between playing clean hard hockey and what can seriously and permanently damage another human being.

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
This doesn't dispute that this dude has some sort of mental/anger management issues. He showed zero remorse from his actions in the Penalty box when he was taunting Quinn and the rest of the Rangers bench. He enjoyed the carnage that ensued in game 2 by chuckling in the penalty box.

This is pure speculation. You are not qualified nor do you have any concrete data to support such determinations. You also have no idea what chirping is coming his way and from who to determine whether or not he is chuckling or just trash talking. The same thing applied to the ZAR hit in the playoffs a few years ago when all the Pens fans all were saying "ZOMFG he is laughing at breaking his jaw"!!

Since this is the baseline of your entire post, it makes everything that I did not quote, invalid

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
This is pure speculation. You are not qualified nor do you have any concrete data to support such determinations. You also have no idea what chirping is coming his way and from who to determine whether or not he is chuckling or just trash talking. The same thing applied to the ZAR hit in the playoffs a few years ago when all the Pens fans all were saying "ZOMFG he is laughing at breaking his jaw"!!

Since this is the baseline of your entire post, it makes everything that I did not quote, invalid

You don't need to have a doctorate in Psychology to see Wilson go ballistic after getting a penalty called on him, then the icing personnel issue minutes before the altercation. He was already visibly upset before Buch "jammed at the goaltender" Wilson was already seeing red and looking to unload.

This doesn't invalidate the fact that the league has declared that it wants to eliminate head injuries from the game yet continues to inconsistently execute measures or hold violators accountable to create the necessary change.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Wilson got no credebility nor do the Dops. Thats all we need to know and now move on. They will soon fall into the hole they just dug.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010

When a guy behaves like a caveman again and again, people are bound to think that, I don't know, he might have a screw or two loose. You can talk all you want how "you have no proof!1!" but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's usually not a cocker spaniel. Especially when it's a guy who doesn't need to play that dirty to be a very effective forward. If it was some scrub, you could say that maybe he was playing a role to try to stay in the team but Wilson doesn't need this shit. He could easily play with an edge but avoid being close to suspension or suspended several times every year. I mean, he even seemed to have done it for a season or two before this year but just couldn't avoid getting back to his old self for whatever reason.

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
Props to Bieksa tonight for standing up for old school hockey and saying scrums are part of the game. He described Wilson’s shot to Buchnevich as nothing more than a “noogie” and said he had been in more aggressive pillow fights. He did state Wilson went overboard by rag dolling Panarin but said skilled players shouldn’t get a pass if they jump on someone’s back.

Reactions: kingpest19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad