Tom Wilson takes down Panarin, fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich - Part 5

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Man this is like straight out of an old Raffi Torres thread.

His teammate Ovechkin is even bigger, as fast, throws a lot of hits yet has avoided repeated major suspensions for "hits going south."

The reasons his hits go bad is because Wilson snaps and starts running around and doesn't bail out of bad hits that most NHL players do.
???

Ovechkin doesn't get to do half of what he used to precisely thanks to being suspended and vilified for hits going south

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
???

Ovechkin doesn't get to do half of what he used to precisely thanks to being suspended and vilified for hits going south

You do realize that means that, unlike Wilson, Ovechkin learned where the line was, right?

That's part of what makes Ovechkin such a great player to root for. He realized that there was a line he shouldn't and couldn't cross and adapted.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
You do realize that means that, unlike Wilson, Ovechkin learned where the line was, right?

That's part of what makes Ovechkin such a great player to root for. He realized that there was a line he shouldn't and couldn't cross and adapted.

Its strange that your talking about lines that can't be crossed when your avatar is a guy getting cross checked in the face.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
So I see that stupid people are still suggesting that Panarin acted as an aggressor, as if jumping off the top rope and frog-splashing on Wilson. It was a standard tie-up to separate Wilson from the downed opponent whose face he was punching into the ice. Tying someone up is not consenting to a fight. It's kind of the opposite, and certainly isn't consenting to be pulled by the hair into the ice.

Reactions: AzHawk

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Hopefully the players in the league play every game against him like that. Keep the goof off the ice, Bobby Clarke would take care of him, that is the only way to put him in his place. He plays dirty so no reason to go after him fairly. He is going to have a tough season next year, probably a bounty already set on him. I am sure the whole league is upset about his lack of respect He finally went too far and all the Caps players are going pay for it.

Bobby Clarke was about 10 times dirtier than Wilson ever will be.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
I only just looked up the incident and it looked like wilson actually had pretty good control he was not bunching in senseless rage, what happened his stick got stuck under Chnevich at first so it looked worse than was. What actually was dangerous looking part in the incident was that Panarin would have hit his head without helmet to ice, not the couple ease punches. Overall there are many incidents by players during season similar level in danger than this so perhaps slight over reaction by everyone compared to other incidents

No when it´s Tom Wilson you have to lose your shit. It´s in the rules man!

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
This is nonsense and circular reasoning. Tom Wilson is in the wrong because he's Tom Wilson, regardless of what actually happened.

You realize this was a fight, right? That a lot of people were grabbing and punching? And Panarin didn't have to jump on TW? Or punch him from behind while restrained?

Stop making excuses. TW came to his goalie's defense and then NYR had a hissy fit. AP bit off more than he could chew and found out.

The end.
How come you mention panarin didnt have to jump on TW (as if that matters?) but you dont mention he wasnt punching TW (which matters) ? You don't mention that TW didn't have to punch him, purposely remove his helment, pull his hair or drive him into the ice? He didn't have to punch Buch when he was face down on the ice in a 2 v 1 situation either.

It's almost like you have a bias

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
How come you mention panarin didnt have to jump on TW (as if that matters?) but you dont mention he wasnt punching TW (which matters) ? You don't mention that TW didn't have to punch him, purposely remove his helment, pull his hair or drive him into the ice? He didn't have to punch Buch when he was face down on the ice in a 2 v 1 situation either.

It's almost like you have a bias

You don't understand the difference between TW protecting his goaltender against Buch and 2-3 other guys jumping in? Really?

What exactly do you propose TW do when 3-4 guys are all trying to fight him, jumping on his back, and even punching him from behind (Panarin)? Nothing? You think in the middle of a brawl with guys piling on he's supposed to just politely pick up Panarin, look to see "oh, he's a skill guy, he must not have known what he was doing" and gently set him to the side while everyone waits? Trusting nobody will attack him from behind again, including Panarin (which Panarin later did)?

Talk about bias. Rangers fans and those who are howling for TW's blood as the latest street murderer have no realistic alternative plan for what happened. They just don't like the results so they're blaming a favorite target.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
You don't understand the difference between TW protecting his goaltender against Buch and 2-3 other guys jumping in? Really?

What exactly do you propose TW do when 3-4 guys are all trying to fight him, jumping on his back, and even punching him from behind (Panarin)? Nothing? You think in the middle of a brawl with guys piling on he's supposed to just politely pick up Panarin, look to see "oh, he's a skill guy, he must not have known what he was doing" and gently set him to the side while everyone waits? Trusting nobody will attack him from behind again, including Panarin (which Panarin later did)?

Talk about bias. Rangers fans and those who are howling for TW's blood as the latest street murderer have no realistic alternative plan for what happened. They just don't like the results so they're blaming a favorite target.
This post makes no sense. You're not thinking and as a result, you're asking me things and saying things that common sense should tell you not to say. Stop thinking with your obvious bias, take awhile to sit and think about what makes sense to say and what doesn't, then post something rational.

Just bc you root for a team or player doesn't mean every word has to be biased when discussing them

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This post makes no sense. You're not thinking and as a result, you're asking me things and saying things that common sense should tell you not to say. Stop thinking with your obvious bias, take awhile to sit and think about what makes sense to say and what doesn't, then post something rational.

Just bc you root for a team doesn't mean every word has to be biased when discussing them

Tell me what's irrational. Then answer my question. Otherwise your reply is just "nuh uh".

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I respect your intelligence too much to think you dont know better. Go back, re-read what I wrote with the first post, respond to it without saying a bunch of stuff that makes no sense.

So you can't answer the question. Ok

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
So you can't answer the question. Ok
I can. You seem incapable of posting a rational response to what I wrote the first time though. Which is ok. I gave you a chance at least bc I respect your intelligence enough to point out you made an irrational response while allowing you a chance to address it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I can. You seem incapable of posting a rational response to what I wrote the first time though. Which is ok. I gave you a chance at least.

I posted a fully rational response. You chose to ignore it. What do you expect TW to do in that situation? He was protecting his goalie. The punch was gloved and to a helmet but it was out of line and was appropriately fined. THE END. Right? Wrong. Then the entire NYR team on the ice jumps on him.

Since you keep saying TW didn't have to do X and Y, I assume you expected him to do something else. What was it? Can you at least answer that?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
I posted a fully rational response. You chose to ignore it. What do you expect TW to do in that situation? He was protecting his goalie. The punch was gloved and to a helmet but it was out of line and was appropriately fined. THE END. Right? Wrong. Then the entire NYR team on the ice jumps on him.

Since you keep saying TW didn't have to do X and Y, I assume you expected him to do something else. What was it? Can you at least answer that?
No no I get it. You refuse to post something that makes sense based ont he context of what happened and based on what i said.

Not everyone wants to let go of their bias, that's an unfortunate reality of how people like to debate now. You know the questions you asked are irrelevant if not downright silly but you asked anyway which demonstrates you're not willing to overlook your bias and have a reasonable discussion. No need to repeat the same silly points lol. You're free to quote what I said and actually respond to it reasonably without making a bunch of dishonest of irrelevant statements

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
No no I get it. You refuse to post something that makes sense based ont he context of what happened and based on what i said.

Not everyone wants to let go of their bias, that's an unfortunate reality of how people like to debate now. You know the questions you asked are irrelevant if not downright silly but you asked anyway which demonstrates you're not willing to overlook your bias and have a reasonable discussion. No need to repeat the same silly points lol. You're free to quote what I said and actually respond to it reasonably without making a bunch of dishonest of irrelevant statements

Ok you're just a bad faith poster. Goodbye.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Surprised that none of the Rangers “skill” fought. I mean, when your core is supposed to consist of Lafreniere, Kakko, Zibanejad, Fox, and Miller, and none of them do anything, what’s the point? Like, hooray, Kevin Rooney and Brendan Smith fought. Congrats?

Reactions: RangersFan1994

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
So I see that stupid people are still suggesting that Panarin acted as an aggressor, as if jumping off the top rope and frog-splashing on Wilson. It was a standard tie-up to separate Wilson from the downed opponent whose face he was punching into the ice. Tying someone up is not consenting to a fight. It's kind of the opposite, and certainly isn't consenting to be pulled by the hair into the ice.

Your timeline is devoid of what actually happened.

Panarin AND Strome both violated 3rd man in rules.

And the hairpull... Wilson was trying to grab the top of his jersey for leverage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad