Player Discussion Tom Wilson, NHL All-Star (Part 3)

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I almost forgot how Stepan injured Mike Green on his first game back from injury. Strange how that was so long ago. I remember the NYR fans cheering that. Green never was good at being aware of avoiding injuries, but still it was a bad cheap shot.

Chippy

Apr 16, 2021
Never would have i thought that cancelling someone would be part of hockey one day. But here we go. You can already tell NHL will intervene in this act of war commited by Wilson. Will see if this ends up in the Hague.
Not a Capitals or Rangers fan...
Cancel??? Wilson is multiple repeat offender. if he wanted a career in MMA or wrestling then he should have changed sport. He either plays hockey or gets punishment for his moronic acts. The problem is brain-injury Parros must have flashbacks to his "golden" years and gets excited. The NHL has no credibility or consistency in dealing with these goons.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Boy Wilson gets a slap on the wrist from the NHL -- thats got to make Ranger fans, Penguin, Islander, Bruin, Flyers, heck ALL of our enemies even more p*ssed! Hows that for salt in the wounds!

Reactions: John Price

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
Also, are they really thinking that Parros makes these decisions by himself?
The statement didn't say that Parros makes the decisions himself or is even directly involved in the hearing, but as the head of the department, he ultimately signs off on the decisions and actions of people beneath him.

I didn't see the words "only", "alone", "sole", or "himself" in the post.

Sep 19, 2008
Boy Wilson gets a slap on the wrist from the NHL -- thats got to make Ranger fans, Penguin, Islander, Bruin, Flyers, heck ALL of our enemies even more p*ssed! Hows that for salt in the wounds!
it only works if he stays out of trouble

if he keeps scoring goals by all means keep him on the ice. i think this was a warning call from the nhl. he got lucky here. just behave and don't agitate no more

personally i'd like to just see him not get into these situations. it's very frustrating as a fan to have to try to rationalize his actions to other non-caps fans.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
it only works if he stays out of trouble

if he keeps scoring goals by all means keep him on the ice. i think this was a warning call from the nhl. he got lucky here. just behave and don't agitate no more

personally i'd like to just see him not get into these situations. it's very frustrating as a fan to have to try to rationalize his actions to other non-caps fans.

Well said. But if anyone can straighten him out, its Lavi.

Reactions: John Price

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
Cancel??? Wilson is multiple repeat offender. if he wanted a career in MMA or wrestling then he should have changed sport. He either plays hockey or gets punishment for his moronic acts. The problem is brain-injury Parros must have flashbacks to his "golden" years and gets excited. The NHL has no credibility or consistency in dealing with these goons.
First of all Wilson was not found done anything illegal to Panarin afaik, he was fined for roughing Buchnevitsh. Second when a team calls out a specific player out to their massive fanbase, especially a controversial guy like Tom Wilson. What else can you call it, it's textbook? What does this do to Tom Wilson? What kind of crap he is going to get from all this? If they want to bring DOPS in to their tweet, that is fine by me. Leave the players out of it.

This is just outcry by rangers, because they did not get what they wanted and that is pathetic. It's like a kid crying when their parent deny something from them.

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
First of all Wilson was not found done anything illegal to Panarin afaik, he was fined for roughing Buchnevitsh. Second when a team calls out a specific player out to their massive fanbase, especially a controversial guy like Tom Wilson. What else can you call it, it's textbook? What does this do to Tom Wilson? What kind of crap he is going to get from all this? If they want to bring DOPS in to their tweet, that is fine by me. Leave the players out of it.

This is just outcry by rangers, because they did not get what they wanted and that is pathetic. It's like a kid crying when their parent deny something from them.
I think this is a misrepresentation. This is more like a kid crying in court because their parent's murderer is walking free. Completely understandable. I'm sure if someone intentionally speared Backstrom in the eye, (but luckily didn't blind him), and only received a minor fine, you would be quite upset.

The analogy:
Backstrom-Panarin
Spearing in eye - slamming head into ice
Didn't blind him - Didn't crack his skull.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ranger fans coming here to whine. Last playoffs Backstrom was concussed in game 1 round 1 with an obvious late hit. No suspension. The season before TJ Oshie broke his collarbone and was out for the playoffs on a cheap shot on the numbers. No suspension. I am not really impressed

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
Ranger fans coming here to whine. Last playoffs Backstrom was concussed in game 1 round 1 with an obvious late hit. No suspension. The season before TJ Oshie broke his collarbone and was out for the playoffs on a cheap shot on the numbers. No suspension. I am not really impressed
Remind me did Komarov get suspended for his hit on Eller this year? And yes, I know he's on the Islanders.

Reactions: SoMd Hockey Dad
Sep 19, 2008
the most irritating thing is how the DOPS rushed to judge on Wilson twice in two years but when Oshie was hit by Foegel or Gudas hit by Kane there was no DOPS action

How can you call action against the Caps every time when they do something bad, but not reciprocate when another team f***s the Caps over?

That's why you won't see me shed a tear when the DOPS didn't rule anything today. We as Caps fans deserved this. The DOPS had been obsessed to a degree with penalizing Wilson. Then when he does something they don't suspend him like the 7 times prior but rather let him walk? Am I supposed to be outraged the DOPS did this? I'll take it.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I still have no idea what people are whining about.
You don't understand how the DoPS works. The first thing do is remove the names of the players involved and then decide if it is a suspendable play. If it is a suspendable play then past history comes into play when deciding a suspension.
Like I said when this incident happened. This is not a suspendable play. And just because it is Tom Wilson it doesn't change that.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They won't do shit because they know it's bullshit and this time Wilson, his agent, and the NHLPA will go after the DOPS if they try it.

What's going to happen tomorrow is Lavi is going to warn the club that the refs are looking for ANY reason to toss you, and the Ragdolls are looking for EVERY opportunity to get in a cheap shot. Their front office and social media team just made them look like little kids who need mommy and daddy to handle the bully at school by whining during morning announcements.

There's no way grown men in the NHL can live with themselves after that, and the Rongo FO knows that. So any bullshit that happens tomorrow is on them.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If Tom Wilson scores tomorrow I hope he has a special celebration. And I’m not even a big Tom Wilson fan!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I've probably been one of the biggest critic of Wilson here from the Caps side, I really don't like what he did and thought he deserved to be suspended. It wasn't a hockey play, it has no place in the game and it's an attempt to injure (at least the Buchnevich part).

However, the statement from the Rangers is embarrassing. "Horrifying act of violence", they make it seem like he stabbed a guy on live television.

Did they really need to go that far in their statement? Is this what now qualifies as a "horrifying act of violence"? Are the Rangers going to call 911 and have Wilson arrested?

I think the NHL needs to step in and regain control of the situation. Review Wilson's punishment and increase it if needed, put out a final ruling + statement with no further comments from anyone in either the Rangers or Capitals organization.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad