Tom Wilson dirty hit (Suspension incoming?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
That’s not how this works. If that was how this works you should expect your team to be receiving more dirty hits than anyone due to the garbage you employ on the ice.
I didn’t say that’s how every player thinks. They’re different people. I said that’s how Tom Wilson thinks. It’s not the first time he went from barely physical to super physical in the same game.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Fact.

4Mp5Bnr.jpg

Looks just like ZAR.

Uncanny.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
It's a blindside hit, but judging from those gif angles, I think it was a shoulder to shoulder blindside.

Still, f*** Tom Wilson though

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I didn’t say that’s how every player thinks. They’re different people. I said that’s how Tom Wilson thinks. It’s not the first time he went from barely physical to super physical in the same game.
The problem being, that what Tom Wilson "thinks" is "super physical" is actually against the rules.

BretterThanYou

Sep 17, 2006
Collinsville IL
There's plenty of ways he can up the ante physically in a legal fashion. Unfortunately Tom Wilson thinks that he'd rather just try to kill someone.*

*= This is hyperbole, before someone thinks I'm legitimately thinking that this hit would kill Sundqvist.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Happened last year....Wilson head hunting against rookie Thomas.

The Blues should ask not to play the Caps in the preseason. It's just not worth it. If the Caps can't keep their dirtbag player under control and the league keeps looking the other way, the teams just need to take the loss and move on.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
If you’re giving this guy the benefit of the doubt ever you’ve been living under a rock for years.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I don’t think he went out looking for a head shot, but he was definelty looking for a big hit, and rather than wait for an opportunity he tried to make it. Definitely charging with the intent of a big it.

It’s not an old concept, blowing up a player skating into the zone through the middle, but players these days don’t look around their surroundings. But that wasn’t his opportunity. Bad charge.
I don't see a charge. He was gliding into it. It was a hard hit by a big and strong player.

But yeah. It's impossible to not make contact with head when you hit a guy like that. It's just the physics of skating with the puck; your head is leading the way. If someone drills you there, blow to head is 100% guaranteed. It's the first thing the hitter will contact.

Is a technically legal big hit with zero respect to fellow players illegal? That's the question NHL faces with Wilson, who is the last truly mean SOB in the NHL. His kind of players and these kind hits are a dying breed.

BretterThanYou

Sep 17, 2006
Collinsville IL
No? Why players shouldn't keep their head up?

In this case it's right after Sundqvist takes a shot. He shouldn't be getting hit from that angle, and Wilson should be suspended for quite some time, but considering it's Tom Wilson, he'll get a game or two and be told not to do it again. Until he inevitably does it again, and gets a game or two, because he is incapable of learning.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
You obviously still have never learned hockey. He was taking a shot on goal, why should he be looking to the side? You have no clue what you’re talking about.
You seem to be under the impression that you're allowed to just do that, and nobody can stop you. He should have been looking before the shot, when he cut to the center of the ice while staring at the puck. If he had been keeping his head up, he likely never takes the shot at all, and then he doesn't make himself vulnerable fractions of a second before being hit.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
There's plenty of ways he can up the ante physically in a legal fashion. Unfortunately Tom Wilson thinks that he'd rather just try to kill someone.*

*= This is hyperbole, before someone thinks I'm legitimately thinking that this hit would kill Sundqvist.
I agree. I said he shouldn’t have charged looking for a big hit. He tried too hard to be a presence.

Reactions: HarmonyOfDissonance

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
No? Why players shouldn't keep their head up?
Why shouldn't Wilson be a moron? Your question is a separate issue and a clear deflection to the main issue.

I should look both ways before crossing the street, even if I have the cross signal.

But if someone flies through and hits me, the fact that I "should have kept my head up" is meaningless and doesn't mitigate his culpabiltiy.

But in this case, "keep your head up" is just a buzz phrase from certain fans who like to pretend that they themselves are tough because they like to watch other tough people get their gray matter turned into cinnamon raisin oatmeal.

Talking tough and getting tingles in your leg when someone gets crushed doesn't actually make the guy in the reclining chair tough.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
At this point, what more can anyone do but laugh?

League isn't gonna take action. Just adding a few more k's to that lawsuit amount.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
This dumbass gets away with stuff like that all the time. He's the Matt Cooke of his generation.

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad