Injury Report: Tom Pyatt

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
It's the playoffs. Welcome to the world of day to day with general body soreness.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Sens are different this year, we lose Tom Pyatt and have Tommy Wingles, Chris Kelly, Colin White etc. On the sidelines ready to play, I'm guessing Wingles will play in place of Pyatt. This is why the Sens are leading 3-1, the Sens have depth, Bruins are lacking on it.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
it's probably a mute point, given the obvious conflict of interest (given that they represent the victim (Pyatt) and the accused (Miller)), but do the NHLPA do nothing to advocate for less concussions on dirty plays? (i.e. by asking for suspensions or fines on dirty plays?)

Last edited:

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
it's probably a mute point, given the obvious conflict of interest (given that they represent the victim (Pyatt) and the accused (Miller)), but do the NHLPA do nothing to advocate for less concussions on dirty plays? (i.e. by asking for suspensions or fines on dirty plays?)

It's "moot" point, Ricky.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Hope Pyatt comes back soon but as others have said we're fine, Wingels will be a great replacement for Pyatt.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

I haven't seen the hit yet, but it seems that the only people calling it dirty are Sens fans.
Is there a video of it somewhere?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Okay yeah.. Unfortunate result, but doesn't seem that bad.

We wouldn't give it a second thought if it was Harpur on Spooner or something with the same result

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I haven't seen the hit yet, but it seems that the only people calling it dirty are Sens fans.
Is there a video of it somewhere?

it's a decent hit.. I wouldnt call hit an illegal hit
sucks for Pyatt though but yeah if it's a concussion, we should sit him and play who ever is ready

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Seemed like he was limping getting off. Wonder if it's an ankle or something that got caught in the corner and bent the wrong way?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I thought it was a good clean hit but it just looked like Pyatt wasn't expecting the defenceman to come back up at him & got clocked or got his bell rung. Ding ding ding, there is ringing in his ears. Can you still use those expressions today? :shakehead

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I thought it was a good clean hit but it just looked like Pyatt wasn't expecting the defenceman to come back up at him & got clocked or got his bell rung. Ding ding ding, there is ringing in his ears. Can you still use those expressions today? :shakehead

Nowhere near to being clean. He didn't even touch the puck. That is textbook interference. You may be in a timewarp but that is not only a penalty, but could face supplemental discipline if he has a concussion.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Nowhere near to being clean. He didn't even touch the puck. That is textbook interference. You may be in a timewarp but that is not only a penalty, but could face supplemental discipline if he has a concussion.

There was no penalty called on the play & the ref was right there, you see hits like that in the corner a hundred times a game whether they touch the puck or not there is contact behind the net. I think Pyatt got hurt because he wasn't expecting it. I doubt he gets suspended or even called by the league.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
There was no penalty called on the play & the ref was right there, you see hits like that in the corner a hundred times a game whether they touch the puck or not there is contact behind the net. I think Pyatt got hurt because he wasn't expecting it. I doubt he gets suspended or even called by the league.

You must be correct because refs never miss penalty calls. Makes perfect sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad