Tomáš Kaberle retires

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
After leaving the NHL in 2013 and spending 3 season in Czech top tier Extraliga and lower tier WSM Liga (2nd tier), former Toronto Maple Leafs defender Tomáš Kaberle has decided to retire and return to Canada. He has done so with no official announcement, but the retirement has been confirmed in a recent interview.
Source

Tomáš Kaberle has played a grand total of 984 games in the NHL, recording 87 goals, 476 assists, 563 points - finishing his NHL career at 0,57 PPG and 260 PIM.

kaberle1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Best Czech D of all time?

Pretty crazy how Czech doesn't seem to have any decent D noe when just 7-10 years ago they would have had a pretty good line up with prime or near-prime Kaberle, Hamrlik, Roszival, Zidlicky, Kubina

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Best Czech D of all time?

Pretty crazy how Czech doesn't seem to have any decent D noe when just 7-10 years ago they would have had a pretty good line up with prime or near-prime Kaberle, Hamrlik, Roszival, Zidlicky, Kubina

Sure, if Suchy and other great Czech defensemen from before 1990 haven't played the game.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Always nice to see players from elsewhere settle in Toronto after their careers. Hopefully in a few years we'll be talking about his son coming up through the GTHL just like Antropov's kid.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
For me when I think about Kaberle I'll mostly think of his Leaf days like most people. But I'll also remember when he was a Hab which was basically the weirdest thing to see. Kaberle in a Hab uniform was just not right.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
For me when I think about Kaberle I'll mostly think of his Leaf days like most people. But I'll also remember when he was a Hab which was basically the weirdest thing to see. Kaberle in a Hab uniform was just not right.

How long was Gilmour in Montreal again? I'd say he's got Kaberle beat as far as "man he looks weird in that jersey". :laugh:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
holy crap

had no idea he was still around or that he was even in the NHL as late as 2013

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad