Post-Game Talk: Tofu wins the series for the Habs!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Coming from a guy saying KK was a bust, Caufield was small, ordinary and overrated and Evans bad. This post is very ironic.

I guess you don't know much about my posting history, which is also ironic. Name one player I haven't called a bust?

Reactions: Runner77

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
I didn't say he's the worst ever; I said he's a bad GM. All of the stuff you listed is irrelevant without Price playing the way he is right now through two rounds. Without that, we are out in the first round. Without the pandemic, we probably don't make the playoffs and MB would have been shit-canned by now. Like I said in another post, it's been a fun run and I'm enjoying it, but I'm not sold on this team at all. I think the clock strikes midnight next round. And then we are back where we were before the season and we need to rebuild. MB sucks and I'll stand by that until he proves otherwise - it's the Cup or nothing.
I did'nt point specificaly to you but more in general. Some look like they could strangle him themselve, so much hate...

He had to deal with the fact he would've been sniped if we were like Ottawa for a decade although they may soon be better than the habs. Put a competitive club on the ice by patching while building the farm or just tank for 5 years to pick Mathew or Yakupov... and still don't win in the payoffs?

There is so much we don't know, how can people judge him so harshly... He manages well, tried a few things, more wins than lose and most lose are no impact compared to the wins.

Yeah, covid season was screwed up, still, he made a bunch of good moves using cap crunch to get Toffoli at bargain price.

yes, Drouin, baaad trade but the frenchies wanted a french star player, he had to pay... Subban, meh, personna maybe causing more problem than worth it, not ready to live with the guy even if you had to sign him long term and shrewdly trade him before his new contract applied. Price it's too much but cap was not supposes to freeze. Domi out, at least Anderson brings a physical presence we missed a lot....
And all the rest where we'll be a power within the next 2 years.

So yeah, perplexed as to why so polarizing it is to see management struggle and pull it off okay in a complicated context.

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Shoutout to Kulak, he was awesome to fill in Petrys shoes. Go get that rest boys, well deserved!
Kulak really stepped up I agree, 18 solid minutes, makes the 6 mins vs the leafs in game 5 that much more puzzling lol
Terrible turnover by Ehlers.

Goal was all Cole - plus Suzuki's crafty work in the corner and Toffoli finish.
Suzuki had such a great game I thought, even without the 2 apples, huge battle in that corner for the GWG
We draft 28th!
Lmao, it's great not caring about that for once, this years a total crapshoot to boot
Shoutout to Lekhy who was an abolsute Dog tonight. Extra shoutout for his last ditch grind on the winning goal keeping the Ds from changing before Troffoli came and ended it
Cant say enough about Lehks, I just cant, I'm so thankful he got healthy in time for the crucial insertion to that line, they look great now with Evan's or lehk there, tatar was sinking us

Also Shea Webers 1st ever trip to the 3rd round
Good for him, hes playing pretty well right now, the physicality of the playoffs is a boon for him, and this short rest is perfect timing for our vets, a godsend really
This alignment likely never happens again so I guess we are forever the Kings of the North
The fact that we may be the only ever actual North Division champs for all time actually makes me happy lol I cant lie
Kings in the North!
Where's the Gustafsson hate? Man's had an unreal game lol
Huge game for Gus, his and CCs presence on the PP have absolutely saved it, we even looked dangerous on the PP we didnt score, it was a surreal feeling to actually ENJOY a powerplay finally
Gus should play just for what he brings to the PP and transition attack alone

To me it's no surprise we started playing BETTER without f***ing wtf Merrill (and Tatar too tbh)

Round 3 here we go!! The last 2 times we made it here we didnt have PLAYOFF PRICE baby so who knows what happens! (I'm aware of Price and 2014 THANKS dont remind me)

Reactions: habsfan891

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I did'nt point specificaly to you but more in general. Some look like they could strangle him themselve, so much hate...

He had to deal with the fact he would've been sniped if we were like Ottawa for a decade although they may soon be better than the habs. Put a competitive club on the ice by patching while building the farm or just tank for 5 years to pick Mathew or Yakupov... and still don't win in the payoffs?

There is so much we don't know, how can people judge him so harshly... He manages well, tried a few things, more wins than lose and most lose are no impact compared to the wins.

Yeah, covid season was screwed up, still, he made a bunch of good moves using cap crunch to get Toffoli at bargain price.

yes, Drouin, baaad trade but the frenchies wanted a french star player, he had to pay... Subban, meh, personna maybe causing more problem than worth it, not ready to live with the guy even if you had to sign him long term and shrewdly trade him before his new contract applied. Price it's too much but cap was not supposes to freeze. Domi out, at least Anderson brings a physical presence we missed a lot....

So yeah, perplexed as to why so polarizing it is to see management struggle and pull it off okay in a complicated context.
Listen, I actually like the guy personality wise. I think he's a good guy and his heart is in the right place. And he has done some things right. But he's also done a lot of dumb things too, and he has his biases and he is stuck in his ways when it comes to certain things. And I think that stuff is too much for his good qualities to overcome, and I really don't think he is ever going to bring a Cup to MTL. He has been here a decade and we are no better off then when he started.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Suzuki had such a great game I thought, even without the 2 apples, huge battle in that corner for the GWG

Suzuki's starting to master turning his body to gain position and use his stick to win battles in the corners.

He's got his own style, but I would guess Armia is rubbing off on him.

Reactions: tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
How worried are we about losing momentum waiting around for the other series to finish? Not gonna lie, I'm a bit concerned.
Not me, when you reach the third round rest starts becoming more valuable then the 2nd round.
With the fact we will face a superior team on paper, we need more then just momentum, so would take the rest thank you.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I'm always somewhat confused about Bergevin hate. He picked up the farm from ashes, hired Bouchard, now we have the Rocket in the top spot and recruits coming up. He made quite a few shroud moves (and some mistakes of course) but Danault, Edmunson, Allen, Anderson, Tofu, Petry, Tatar, Suzuki, KK, CC, Stall, Perry, Chiarot, Romanov, Evans, Primeau, all shit? Like the should be in the AHL or retired?

We've got so many young guys that have very little PO experience, he surrounded them with experienced clutch players. +1

Make it 2 win for all these OT lost and we'd be 3rd... Next year we have Evans back, Poehling up, CC on fire, Romanov with some experience, kulak now steady (Kulak or Benn? Or Nate the great? I rather like Kulak by now).

How is it that peoples can say this is the worse dg ever? What's wrong?

The Oilers had many 1st OA and still can't win shit in series, team is built wrong. Toronto has 4 guys worth 40m and still no series success... Team built slanted. Contain these guys and you control the game. So what if I look like a superstar in practice but can't bring it on when it counts... The blues had a season of misery and then peaked at the right time. What count is not how, it's when!

So, why? What's so bad he deserve to be booted? What would others do better?
people ego not letting them see clearly. They cant separate the first half of his tenure which was an utter failure and the retool from which point he started building towards today team.

Reactions: NewDef

Jul 6, 2016

Frenchies are telling you F$#$% You !

Reactions: ItzaGreat

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
people ego not letting them see clearly. They cant separate the first half of his tenure which was an utter failure and the retool from which point he started building towards today team.
The role was new to him and he had to get a grasp first indeed. Last 5 years were really not bad and the kids are really good.

It's a new core and it's got more skills than we've had in over a decade. It's getting there... good management is slow steady progress with a hard push when the timing is right.

I have a good feeling about Poehling and Ylonen. These guys with a good passer will bloom. I hope Evans come back strong next season, love the kid.

Reactions: tazsub3

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Frenchies are telling you F$#$% You !
Shit man je viens de St-Jerome, relax. Moi je tiens pas absolument a avoir des Québequois coute que coute, je veux une team qui gagne. C'est la LNH, pas les jeux pancanadiens...

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
The biggest problem is other fans think we are a bottom 10 team that has no business in the top 15 or top 10 or top 5. It's like we are not allowed to improve after we slipped down there a few years ago. Apparently we overrate our youth and Price is a negative contract. Blah blah blah. That's the biggest issue. They just feel that we didn't have the potential. Beating the Pens and giving the Flyers a real test last year was meh (a fluke). Then we went and added pieces that directly addressed our needs and holes. They still ignored it. Comical but to be fair, even some in our fan base thought that way
They finished a whole 4 points ahead of us. What does that make them, a bottom 11 team? Just a bunch of salty fools.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

KINGS OF THE NORTH

CANADA’S TEAM
Judging by the comments, butthurt Leafs fans don’t agree :popcorn:

EDIT: @Koivu11 beat me to it by a couple of minutes :thumbu:

failure.gif

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
so why have they not beat us in 2yrs plus..?

I get they are good and surely will be favorites but we are also good.....we also have speed, depth, size, SC winners and a great goalie who is currently unstoppable, we have really good youth and I'd say we have better centers then they do. Our D is big, mean and physical that can match up with their big forwards.

To think that they gonna walk all over us is laughable at this point

Do we?

A big D certainly can match up with big forwards, but it's certainly preferable for them to match up with smaller forwards, after you've slowed them down in the neutral zone. Vegas will be a handful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad