Value of: Toffoli

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Even though he has stats, he is having a little bit of an disoriented year, but I can't see LA dealing him anytime soon. He is still one of our most valuable offensive weapons and someone who could hit 25+ goals, 50+ points, without too much effort at all with upside.

Primary need would be upgrading the wings or looking for top defense. LA is lights out at center and has a log jam at mid to lower defense. We would essentially be trading Toffoli and would be looking for another Toffoli with maybe a slightly different skillset. They'd likely rather just hold onto him.

This right here, by no means is Toffoli bad, I just feel we need a different skill set of player in his position.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Two firsts and a 3rd for Toffoli.

Kings get some cap space for Doughty's resigning (and Voynov's potential return), while opening up a roster spot for Vilardi/Rempal/Brodzinski.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Toffoli is what the Kings need (young top six winger), but he's stagnated on the Kings.

It would more likely be a change of scenery trade for an equally valued winger.

Reactions: go4hockey

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Toffoli has had to handle the puck too much at the top of our zone and in the neutral zone. He was always effective with Carter because Carter's speed opens up the rink for him and creates a wake and soft spots for Toffoli to sneak into, which is where he does with damage. I shudder to think of the kind of goal totals he'd put up with a guy like McDavid. Any C that can draw attention to themselves and lug the puck thru the neutral zone so TT doesn't have to would be a perfect match. I just don't know what I'd want back because he's a pretty unique player for us. I guess finding a good C and moving Carter to wing would do something? Shrug. It's a tough move either way.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I wouldn't mind him on the Sabers to see if he and Eichel can mesh. I don't think Buffalo has the right pieces for a trade though.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
I would do from Oilers
2019 1st, 2018 2nd, Benning, 2020 3rd, maybe Yamamoto

Nuge Mcdavid and Toffoli would wreak havok on other teams.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I would do from Oilers

I don't want to move TT, especially in the division, but that seems a pretty decent offer (although it would probably be a mid 1st at best.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I would do from Oilers

It would cost a division team something very useful for LA to move him. Think Nurse or Klefbom. Futures and we hang up. We’re not in the business of helping decision rivals.

Last edited:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Toffoli is what the Kings need (young top six winger), but he's stagnated on the Kings.

It would more likely be a change of scenery trade for an equally valued winger.
I could see that or an on the cusp young winger and a pick to make up the difference.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I wouldn't mind him on the Sabers to see if he and Eichel can mesh. I don't think Buffalo has the right pieces for a trade though.

Was thinking maybe ROR. Would give LA Kopitar ROR down the middle with Carter on the right side. Plethora of options down the middle.

The extra $3m in salary may not work though

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Was thinking maybe ROR. Would give LA Kopitar ROR down the middle with Carter on the right side. Plethora of options down the middle.

The extra $3m in salary may not work though
Yeah I suggested Muzzin and Toffoli for ROR and a pick.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Ideally we keep him. But if an offer comes along that makes sense you do it. I don't know much about Kapanen.

hmmm...Depends on pick. If Muzzin is included I wonder if McCabe be available instead of the pick?

Also I wonder what ever happened to Fasching?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'll give it a try for St. Louis as an outsider.

STL:

Toffoli

LA:

Kyrou
Blais
Winnipeg 2018 1st
Definitely don't see the Blues doing that. That's a lot.

Most I'd probably offer for Toffoli is a 1st and Thompson. And I really like Tyler as a player, he'd be a great fit here. But I think that package could probably land us someone better.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Something a little outside the box:

Isles send

Anders Lee
Scott Mayfield
Sebastian Aho
Josh Ho-Sang

to LA for

Toffoli
Muzzin
2nd round pick

Toffoli could play with Barzal, seems like a good fit from the descriptions of how he plays above.

LA gets a legit top line LW and PP stud and three young cost controlled players. Mayfield and Aho can be inexpensive bottom pairs. Aho might well have top 4 upside.

Muzzin fills in the DeHaan slot.

More of a hockey trade than a futures trade.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
How much salary could LA retain if Buffalo took on Dustin Browns contract? That would drive the cost for us down if Muzzin and Toffoli were coming back.

TopT

Jan 7, 2009
Georgetown, Caymans

Isles send

Anders Lee
Scott Mayfield
Sebastian Aho
Josh Ho-Sang

to LA for

Toffoli
Muzzin
2nd round pick

Toffoli could play with Barzal, seems like a good fit from the descriptions of how he plays above.

LA gets a legit top line LW and PP stud and three young cost controlled players. Mayfield and Aho can be inexpensive bottom pairs. Aho might well have top 4 upside.

No, we would take picks and prospects for Toff

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Isles send

Anders Lee
Scott Mayfield
Sebastian Aho
Josh Ho-Sang

to LA for

Toffoli
Muzzin
2nd round pick

We would want DeHaan back instead, somewhere in there if we are giving up Muzzin,

If not, then quite possible Toffoli for Ho-Sang and a 2nd might work, both need change of scenarios etc,

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
We would want DeHaan back instead, somewhere in there if we are giving up Muzzin,

If not, then quite possible Toffoli for Ho-Sang and a 2nd might work, both need change of scenarios etc,

DeHaan is UFA so that's not possible, unless you want his rights

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad