Value of: Toffoli

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Just curious to see what interest there would be in trading Toffoli,

4.6 M Cap hit until 2019-2020, 25 years old, perennial 20 goal scorer etc,

He may not fit in any longer with a few players emerging, wondering if a better fit could be found.

alwaysBlue

Jan 17, 2018
What are the King's needs? I'd imagine it would start with a top prospect and a 1st, probably more. I can tell you the Blues would be very interested.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
What are the King's needs? I'd imagine it would start with a top prospect and a 1st, probably more. I can tell you the Blues would be very interested.

I think they can go two different directions,

prospect and a 1st, and go UFA to replace him, I personally think JVR would be a good fit, but I don't know if term and cap hit would work etc,

Or, trade for an established younger D and use fillers to balance it out, then move Muzzin/Martinez to replace him.

The only two D on St L that fit that, would be Edmunson and Dunn, don't know too much about either, but you gotta think there would be an add on the ST side, wouldn't mind to see if Fabbri could stay healthy, but you gotta figure STL thinks the same way...

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I think they can go two different directions,

prospect and a 1st, and go UFA to replace him, I personally think JVR would be a good fit, but I don't know if term and cap hit would work etc,

Or, trade for an established younger D and use fillers to balance it out, then move Muzzin/Martinez to replace him.

The only two D on St L that fit that, would be Edmunson and Dunn, don't know too much about either, but you gotta think there would be an add on the ST side, wouldn't mind to see if Fabbri could stay healthy, but you gotta figure STL thinks the same way...

The thing is we need a top 6 RW. We also need a Right hand shot on the PP. At the same time though we also need Eddy as he's shown that he can carry large minutes and replace Bouwmeester. And personally I do not want to trade Dunn but that's mainly a personal thing, as I love watching the kid play. Iff they would go the prospect and a 1st route I think there could be some traction there.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I know he's mostly RW now (used to play a bit of C before), do you feel he's still capable?

If so, a Petry-Toffoli swap?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I know he's mostly RW now (used to play a bit of C before), do you feel he's still capable?

He is, but I don't see a D in Montreal I would trade him for, Petry is 30, we have plenty of those already, and I don't know too much about your other D, Juulsen or Mete, to determine what would be fair or not.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Would love him on the Oilers. Mcnuge and Toffoli line? Sign me up. Whats the price though?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Would love him on the Oilers. Mcnuge and Toffoli line? Sign me up. Whats the price though?

Probably won;t like it, but Kefblom, Nurse, Benning, or Larsson, any one of those, depending on which one depends on what side adds etc, I think if it's anyone but Benning, Kings possibly add a mid round pick, mid tier prospect, if it's Benning, then it's the other way around etc.

member 88115

If available, the prospect would have to be Thomas/Kyrou +. Blake has been stacking up our prospect boards and would not be surprised of Toffoli become available. We are getting deep in all our position, but if trade Toffoli: RW and D is where i see LA looking to trade/Draft for. With last years Draft of Villardi and JAD, i think we are pretty set as Centers, but won't look away if good becomes available.

Reactions: go4hockey

member 88115

Hell no are we trading Toffoli to the Oilers. That would be he ideal Center + he had great chemistry with Lucic.. No chance of that happening.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

TT can’t play center and there is zero chance LA moves him for Petry. Really if LA was to move him it would be for in upgrade at wing. Middle pair defense is not a need.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Probably won;t like it, but Kefblom, Nurse, Benning, or Larsson, any one of those, depending on which one depends on what side adds etc, I think if it's anyone but Benning, Kings possibly add a mid round pick, mid tier prospect, if it's Benning, then it's the other way around etc.

Any of those minus Benning. For me it’s Larsson, Klefbom or Nurse. If Benning was the player offered Kings look elsewhere. If we moved TT for a younger dman we would need to move Muzz or Amart for forward help. Benning is not good enough to land TT.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
TT can’t play center and there is zero chance LA moves him for Petry. Really if LA was to move him it would be for in upgrade at wing. Middle pair defense is not a need.

I could see a prospect and a pick, too, if the Kings think Kempe on the wing is the way forward. Especially with Vilardi coming in next year at 3C, potentially.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I could see a prospect and a pick, too, if the Kings think Kempe on the wing is the way forward. Especially with Vilardi coming in next year at 3C, potentially.

Yea I could see that but still don’t think we have enough to move TT for just futures. It would be risky but could turn out ok.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

Based on this season, I think you can get by with Petry on your top pair as long as your #1 is really good, which yours obviously is but both being righties could be an issue. Really like Toffoli but adding talent on the wing should not be a priority for Montreal by any means

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Even though he has stats, he is having a little bit of an disoriented year, but I can't see LA dealing him anytime soon. He is still one of our most valuable offensive weapons and someone who could hit 25+ goals, 50+ points, without too much effort at all with upside.

Primary need would be upgrading the wings or looking for top defense. LA is lights out at center and has a log jam at mid to lower defense. We would essentially be trading Toffoli and would be looking for another Toffoli with maybe a slightly different skillset. They'd likely rather just hold onto him.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
So Benning + 3rd + Benson?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Based on this season, I think you can get by with Petry on your top pair as long as your #1 is really good, which yours obviously is but both being righties could be an issue. Really like Toffoli but adding talent on the wing should not be a priority for Montreal by any means

Yea Montreal needs to focus on center. But by no means should we trade Toffoli for a guy that “ you can get by on” type of guys. With what we have on the back end if we’re moving TT fora backend guy it’s going to be more of a difference maker than 30 y/o Petry.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Yea Montreal needs to focus on center. But by no means should we trade Toffoli for a guy that “ you can get by on” type of guys. With what we have on the back end if we’re moving TT fora backend guy it’s going to be more of a difference maker than 30 y/o Petry.

Yeah for sure it doesn't make sense for LA either just saying Petry is better than a lot of people think he is. Wing is actually pretty strong for Montreal once Drouin inevitably moves back so yeah center is a priority but the D core is pretty ugly too

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I'll give it a try for St. Louis as an outsider.

STL:

Toffoli

LA:

Kyrou
Blais
Winnipeg 2018 1st

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Toffoli is the type of player that needs a true center to set the table for him. Carter was out 2/3 the year and Kempe is not a true center that can feed him pucks. Kempe's primary assist numbers are low for a 2c playing the amount of time he did. Despite that Toffoli has 24 goals.

toffoli's stats from last season were a bit misleading. He played hurt in 2016-2017, missed 19 games and had to have offseason surgery. He's fully recovered from that.

A healthy toffoli with a true center can be a 30 goal scorer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad