Seravalli: Toffoli will not re-sign in Calgary, wants to be traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Andersson is probably the Flames most valuable piece. The cap will be going up and they can ride out the Huberdeau contract.
Kadri + some other teams late 1st sure. Kadri + Flames 1st would be terrible.
I disagree but to each their own. Personally I don’t think the kadri contract is immovable. Columbus would take him easily IMO

Bond

May 10, 2012
I disagree but to each their own. Personally I don’t think the kadri contract is immovable. Columbus would take him easily IMO
If he can moved without spending assets then sure dump him. Attaching a Flames 1st to him which is going to be high is counter productive.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Man, could you imagine being Jonathan Huberdeau and leaving sunny Florida to sign long-term in Calgary only to have your worst offensive season ever, followed by this mass exodus? :oops:

This mass exodus would be a clash over the leadership of the team, with Huberdeau being on the opposite side of the players leaving.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Sutter oh wait 🤣

To be fair, I think that's a factor but rather the distaste he left. Players were supposedly threatening to not show up to training camp if he wasn't fired. When it gets that bad, it's hard to do a complete 180 and convince players that Calgary will suddenly being a Stanley Cup champion team in a year or two.

And who knows what's gone on behind closed doors. I think the Flames will recover but it's not surprising players without long term ties want to move on. Why "wait and see" when you can pick your next destination? Especially for players like Backlund and Toffoli who may be signing their last contract.

Reactions: RangersFan1994
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad