Post-Game Talk: Toffoli owns Nucks, Anderson is the One -- Habs win it 5-3!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Suzuki had 20:03 TOI last night and I think that might be the first game any Habs forward has played over 20 minutes in any of the 10 games this season. Having very good forward depth and being able to roll 4 lines is great for TOI management and will keep the guys fresher over this very condensed schedule this season.

TOI for the Habs centers last night.

Suzuki: 20:03 TOI
Danault: 14:19 TOI
Evans: 13:56 TOI
Kotkaniemi: 13:00 TOI

BrianTheSavage49

Jan 18, 2021
HabsVille
This is a classic trap game. The Sens work very hard, and they are physical, if we don't go into this with the right mindset...

You are totally right. Actually will be a good character test for the team to focus, play their style of game and not let up. The Sens will come out on fire, probably not happy with the losing streak and seeing MTL as a good challenge.

No such thing as two easy points in the NHL. Look last year at our record vs the Wings.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Canucks have scored the most goals and allowed the most goals. Played a lot more games than us but wow... what a flawed team. The clearly had a cinderella season last year. Good pieces to build around but they have growing pains to go through. $9M of wasted cap space is also an issue for next year too (Erikson and Luongo cap hits).

They lost some players who are all doing well elsewhere, Toffoli, Tanev and Markstrom. Hughes is being exposed as a hot mess defensively.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
They lost some players who are all doing well elsewhere, Toffoli, Tanev and Markstrom. Hughes is being exposed as a hot mess defensively.
There's no way they win anything of anything with Hughes as their top D. Kid has great offensive skill, but he's also everything I don't want in a defenseman.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
There's no way they win anything of anything with Hughes as their top D. Kid has great offensive skill, but he's also everything I don't want in a defenseman.
I wouldn't go that far..lol..He's still extremely gifted. They just have to make him improve his defensive game. I'd be ecstatic to have someone like him here.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I wouldn't go that far..lol..He's still extremely gifted. They just have to make him improve his defensive game. I'd be ecstatic to have someone like him here.

Trade them Edmundson (He plays RD as well). See what it's done for Petry?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
You insinuating Edmundson is the reason for Petry's successes???

No, not really but, he certainly would insulate MR. NO DEFENSE HUGHES.

Edmundson does free up Petry to take that little step forward in his lay this year, though -- more so than Kulak ever could.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
No, not really but, he certainly would insulate MR. NO DEFENSE HUGHES.

Edmundson does free up Petry to take that little step forward in his lay this year, though -- more so than Kulak ever could.

I think it's more so about the offensively driven team than Edmundson, but ya, it's always easier to move up knowing you have a guy staying back there.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I think it's more so about the offensively driven team than Edmundson, but ya, it's always easier to move up knowing you have a guy staying back there.

Hughes needs a safety valve behind him to stop the opponents' flow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad