Confirmed with Link: Toffoli has been traded to the Vancouver Canucks.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Madden is electric. There might be some Braydon Point upside there. Was probably the #2 prospect in our system. You guys should be elated right now.

If you’re currently tanking for a high pick, Tim Schaller is like the Wayne Gretzky of tanking additions and you should probably also be stoked about that. Absolutely atrocious player who will single-handedly cost you a few points in the standings down the stretch. ‘Defensive forward’ who is actually crap defensively while being a complete offensive black hole.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Madden does more extremely ill things in this one game...than ____ (fill in the blank with most any currrent King or current Reign player) has done this season. man, I hope they can sign him at the end of this season!

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
part of me is underwhelmed with the pick given that its a 2nd rounder but tyler madden makes it sting a bit less

suppose we might be in a position to trade up in the draft too with the stockpiled picks

gotta flip marty too, just the way it is, can't sit on this trade alone

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Well, we got multiple picks in rounds 2-4 this upcoming draft. That’s a good thing. I’m sure another pick or two will be added in the coming days.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Madden does more extremely ill things in this one game...than ____ (fill in the blank with most any currrent King or current Reign player) has done this season. man, I hope they can sign him at the end of this season!

They have his rights until mid August 2022. I’m sure something gets done in due time.

Kings reserve list is looking pretty good.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I think an important aspect of this deal is they didn’t retain salary which allows for them to do so if they move another player prior to the deadline.

Maybe they do it for AMart in order to help secure a 1st round pick.

Reactions: funky

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Filthy Ill. Thank you, Toffoli. For helping make the Kings better!!

My list (not Pronman's)

Turcotte
Vilardi
Kaliyev
Fagemo
Madden
Kupari
Thomas
Bjornfot
JAD
Grundstrom
on and on and on. There's like 10 more outstanding prospects.

Geez oh man!

What Pronman just wrote, this hour: (I cut out most of it. as from paid sub)

Tyler Madden, C, Los Angeles (traded from Canucks on Feb. 17)
Madden was No. 40 on my midseason prospect ranking, which would make him Los Angeles’ No. 5 ranked prospect right now, albeit in a very deep pool at the top. Madden is a player with elite skill. His 1-on-1 ability is among the very best drafted prospects outside the NHL.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
i dont think it sucks at all. im thrilled for turn over.

There was a time when it sucked, but that's been over for a while.

Madden is electric. There might be some Braydon Point upside there. Was probably the #2 prospect in our system. You guys should be elated right now.

If you’re currently tanking for a high pick, Tim Schaller is like the Wayne Gretzky of tanking additions and you should probably also be stoked about that. Absolutely atrocious player who will single-handedly cost you a few points in the standings down the stretch. ‘Defensive forward’ who is actually crap defensively while being a complete offensive black hole.

I can almost guarantee he'll be the next Brian Willsie.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
What a boring uninteresting move. Toffoli was never a player I liked and Madden was one of the few prospects in our system tracking well. It’s not a disaster and is in-line with prices from years past. Likely won’t have a pick until the 3rd round so this may end up being a pretty brutal decision if this season is a blip (ex: Edmonton, New Jersey) rather than a trend.

I would have much preferred someone with term or higher talent. Toffoli doesn’t move the needle all that much and is just a stop gap until Boeser is healthy. Will need to check and see what other targets were available.

Would have rather give the opportunity to Gaudette, Boucher, Goldibin, or Baertschi rather than the price paid. I do understand that management is doing what they can to supply reliable reinforcements to a team they believe in. There is value in that culture-wise.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Madden was the Canucks second best prospect.........has a decent chance at becoming a top 6 player but is extremely light right now (although adding weight shouldn't be a huge concern). Fair price to pay but most Canucks fans aren't super thrilled to be trading him at this point in our life cycle (with a young team that should be happy to simply be thrilled to be making the playoffs and not giving up a rather large amount capital for what most likely is a rental player).

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I'm gonna be more emotional when Marty gets traded.

Thanks for the memories Tyler "cupcake, top titty" Toffoli

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

He’ll fit right in then.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Right now I am a very happy with the deal. 5 months from now we can go out and re-sign Toffoli if we wish as we have the money to do it

We not only added skill and speed to our prospect pool we increased our chances in the draft.

Not retaining any money allows us to do it on either Martinez or possibly or Carter or Quick. I

I think Blake did great on this one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad