Confirmed with Link: Toffoli has been traded to the Vancouver Canucks.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
I’ve got a text earlier when the trade was announced with “I really hope it’s not Madden”.
So a 2nd round pick and a umm...B+ grade prospect seem to be what we all expected.

Could not see LA getting Hoglander or Pod for a UFA rental but that return seems to be more than fair.

See what the condition is as well.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
If only for bloodlines alone, I like the Madden pick up. He's shown some offense in college and the WJC.

On the down side, he has touched the Stanley Cup:

SCJ10_29a.jpg

Edit: Madden was #40 on Craig Button's list of top prospects - Russian players dominate top spots in TSN’s ranking of NHL-affiliated prospects - TSN.ca

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
From Scott Wheeler:

3. Tyler Madden, C, 20 (Northeastern University)

Madden is another in a long line of Canucks success stories in the last few years. He has shown, despite lacking size, strength and a pull-away gear to his straightaway stride, that skill can solve a lot of those concerns. Northeastern, who’d just dealt with a similar player in Blackhawks forward Dylan Sikura, have proven they can help those players succeed in a heavy college hockey game, too. This year, Madden has built on his slick puck skills and superb cross-ice vision to add a goal scoring element to his game, taking him from one of college hockey’s best freshmen to one of college hockey’s best players. When he’s got the puck, he’s capable of making plays out of nothing, whether that’s with a creative pass through traffic, a dangle in tight or his ability to lose bigger defenders with a quick cut. He will face some challenges along the wall at the college level — and might be asked to play the wing — but he can run a power play and make things happen at even strength, both of which I suspect will translate. And though I wouldn’t say he’s a dominant defensive player, Madden’s versatile enough to be trusted in all situations.

EP: Tyler Madden at eliteprospects.com

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
We got another 2nd round pick in this draft. That’s solid considering it’s a deep draft according to those in the know. Likely we will add another 2nd, atleast if AMart goes.

Could always package a couple to move into the late 1st round. The more draft capital , the better. Gives us flexibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: go4hockey

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Madden is one of the top scorers in the NCAA.

The Athlethic wrote an article about him a week ago, with the header of speed, skill and spunk...he's having a strong year in the NCAA and should develop into a nice support at 2 C behind Vilardi , which would bode well for the Kings for years.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Package deals usually don't turn out to good for the Kings. Madden could turn out to be good, but the last thing this team needs is more grinders.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Sucks to see another member of the cup teams gone but it made sense to trade him.

Oh goodness we're going to have to watch Brown do absolutely nothing on the top line again. Poor Kopitar.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad