Toews...what is wrong with him?

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I haven't been able to watch all the games this year, but last night it did seem like his skating was just fine and he was creating stuff, just didn't finish.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Johnny how do you get motivated after a cup winning season? "Well, we failed the previous two tries at repeating".

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I'm not sure how a Hawks fan, one who presumably has watched Toews play for years, could start a thread like this.

No one is great every game.

You just make yourself look foolish when you doubt the captain.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I don't think the OP was necessarily wrong in starting this thread, as it was clear Toews was not his usual self at first. I understand he always starts off slow, but this was unusually slow. Doesn't mean I didn't think he was going to pick it up or get going at some point, but the start to the season was something I think was worth a discussion. Appears that discussion may be able to come to an end, but there was reason for discussion for a while there. Good to see him back to normal, though, or at least improving from the start of the season.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I don't think the OP was necessarily wrong in starting this thread, as it was clear Toews was not his usual self at first. I understand he always starts off slow, but this was unusually slow. Doesn't mean I didn't think he was going to pick it up or get going at some point, but the start to the season was something I think was worth a discussion. Appears that discussion may be able to come to an end, but there was reason for discussion for a while there. Good to see him back to normal, though, or at least improving from the start of the season.

It was 6 games into the season.

It was idiotic to start the thread then.

Toews has hockeyed everyone who doubted him.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Agreed. I'm just say, it's a hockey board where we discuss stuff like that. 6 games in is enough to at least bring up the discussion, and thankfully, JT has hopefully put an end to it.

Otto31

Nov 24, 2013
We need more threads like that.

Starting with "Teravainen...what is wrong with him? And than "Hossa...what is wrong with him?" And so on...

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
Yeah, what's wrong with Toews?... getting two game-winning goals in overtime in under a minute each. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad