Value of: Toews to Montreal

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
What's the point for Montreal? They're not contending for many years. Toews doesn't make them remotely close to a contender.

Acquiring a guy like Toews definitely brings them closer to a cup. I’d bet they end up being pretenders and with the right moves, could be contenders as soon as next year

Lol I wouldn't take him for free at 10.5M. Keep him.

Please. That’s insane.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Acquiring a guy like Toews definitely brings them closer to a cup. I’d bet they end up being pretenders and with the right moves, could be contenders as soon as next year

Please. That’s insane.

How is it insane? I’m pretty sure a lot of teams wouldn’t take Toews for free with that awful contract.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

Please. That’s insane.

Contenders for what? They've got an awful D. They got an overpaid goalie. Please enlighten all of us how a guy declining ( Toews) suddenly makes Montreal cup contenders....

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
How is it insane? I’m pretty sure a lot of teams wouldn’t take Toews for free with that awful contract.

That was my point. He was the one saying otherwise.

Contenders for what? They've got an awful D. They got an overpaid goalie. Please enlighten all of us how a guy declining ( Toews) suddenly makes Montreal cup contenders....

Awful D? Overpaid Goalie? They had a very rough starts and then Weber went down. Petry started to play much better, Mete was just fine where he was. Benn, Schelmko and Alzner got from mediocre to meh. Juulsen, Reilly are playing well. All we need is a healthy Weber and someone decent to play with, which can be acquired via trade.

Call Price overpaid if you want, but he’s still one, if not the best in the league.

I won’t ever bother comment on your « declining » Toews. Clearly you haven’t seen him play. He’s still got it and with two solid wingers, could easily pull a Bergeron.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
That was my point. He was the one saying otherwise.

Awful D? Overpaid Goalie? They had a very rough starts and then Weber went down. Petry started to play much better, Mete was just fine where he was. Benn, Schelmko and Alzner got from mediocre to meh. Juulsen, Reilly are playing well. All we need is a healthy Weber and someone decent to play with, which can be acquired via trade.

Call Price overpaid if you want, but he’s still one, if not the best in the league.

I won’t ever bother comment on your « declining » Toews. Clearly you haven’t seen him play. He’s still got it and with two solid wingers, could easily pull a Bergeron.

Do a poll and ask if Toews makes Montreal a cup contender. And yeah....hes ( Price) overrated. How's he performed in the playoffs? Not up to par. He's had one magnificent season.

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

Please. That’s insane.
What's insane? Thinking no team would take Teows for free at 10.5M or that the Hawks should keep him?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
He’s still one of the best two-way C in the game and he might be overpaid, but not that much. Wait until Matthews, Laine, Tavares etc.. sign their new contracts. ~10M/year is the new norm for 1C and elite scorers
Toews isn't a 1C or elite scorer though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad