Todd takes responsiblity

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Friedman said that management doesn’t want to make a change at head coach because they believe the system is the right one. So basically Luc and Rob think playing shut down hockey is how this team succeeds year over year.

I think time will prove them wrong. The current coach is just a bullet point on the summary of management’s poor choice of vision. The only question in my mind is if the housecleaning comes quicker for BLuc or DT.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I’ve never been sold on “Blake isn’t getting a fourth coach”. As I’ve stated in the past, Stevens was more of a previous regime hire since he was literally promised to replace Sutter while Lombardi was still in charge. And Willie was an interim coach. It can easily be said that TM is Blake’s only permanent coaching hire.
1000008556.gif

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think it’s crazy that the Kings have blown so many leads that he hasn’t used his timeout after the trailing team comes within 1. The amount of points the Kings could have gotten by just calling timeouts to ruin the flow of the game would have been a timeout extremely well spent. He is a f***ing idiot.

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
I actually think the system doesn’t play to the team’s strengths. They expend so much energy and there is so much attention paid to trying to play tight and by the system that it ends up stifling creativity and makes the team too predictable. There is no reason this team should be struggling to score goals, especially when they were tearing it up earlier in the year. The league adjusted to what the Kings were doing and have a game plan for them. Now that it’s Todd’s turn to make adjustments…nothing.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
With two games left, and on the road, I think Todd gets the next two games irregardless.

I can see the change happen at the start of the break.

sucky situation. Todd was mentioned with Jack Adams early and now here they are.

If they make a move at coach it better be for an upgrade in the least.

For me it’s not just about what is happening this year but also two first round exits. You could say they got McDavided I guess. But I don’t see the game management that I want to see more often than not.

Why didn’t they shake up lines five-seven games ago?

Why keep a perimeter passing pp unit together for so long?

Why play kaliyev and Fagemo on the 4th with little to no pp time?

It’s not all on Todd. Blake has not opened spots for youth and miss fired on PLD.

Team can’t compete with the top three in the pacific or the Colorado’s of the league.

They are a black hole team.

Maybe a playoff miss will be a blessing long run if they can make trades for depleted draft capital.

Last edited:

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
If this team collapses and neither Blake nor Todd are fired, I have no interest in following this team for the foreseeable future.

The rot cannot be that deep. It’s amazing to me that Blake hasn’t fired Todd yet.

Reactions: tigermask48

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I actually think the system doesn’t play to the team’s strengths. They expend so much energy and there is so much attention paid to trying to play tight and by the system that it ends up stifling creativity and makes the team too predictable. There is no reason this team should be struggling to score goals, especially when they were tearing it up earlier in the year. The league adjusted to what the Kings were doing and have a game plan for them. Now that it’s Todd’s turn to make adjustments…nothing.

Sorry bud, he needs a full offseason for that. Only one adjustment per season possible, ok?

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
I'm at the point where we need a Torterella like personality to whip them into gear. Let a few players ride the pine for awhile and prove they are willing to sacrifice for the team.

Reactions: Maynard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad