Todd Reirden says T.J. Oshie will be out a while | No suspension for Warren Foegele

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Its still a dangerous play. Crosscheck to the numbers on a guy facing the boards. Extremely dangerous if they go down in situations like that and Oshie did. Thats why you cant do it and i wouldnt be surprised if there is a one game suspension for that.

Yeah, it was careless for sure. Maybe the nhl spins the wheel and he gets a game and if he does that would suck for us but it would 100% be based on Oshie getting injured rather than the act committed. Like let’s be honest, if Oshie doesn’t lose an edge and fall into the boards it’s not even a penalty. Like yes, part of it is he falls because of the push but he was also just skating awkwardly and seemed to sort of slip as well.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Probably should have been a major but looked accidental in terms of outcome. Oshie was off balance as soon as he checked him, sucks for the Caps. Not sure it's a suspension though

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
The force of the push has to come into the context of the play though. It was very light by most standards. Oshie was off balance and lost an edge but it’s far from a malicious play. I’ll be surprised at a suspension
Its not malicious or extremely dirty but its an extremely dangerous play when a player is facing the boards like that which is why i wouldnt be surprised if he gets a short suspension. Its a play/hit the league wanna get rid of.

JediJew12

Apr 16, 2019
Just my opinion as a Caps fan, and probably in the minority. No way that is a 5 or a suspendable hit. It really is a worst case scenario from the little nudge. You see that play multiple times in a game. It sucks to lose our man Osh, but its an emotional response to rage for a suspension. If Tom Wilson throws that hit, we defend our man to the grave (although everyone and their mom would probably think its dirty LOL). If Oshie gets right up, I dont even think we get 2 minutes.

Id rather see the Caps play with a bit of emotion and go out there and win two for Osh then to sit here pandering for a suspension. Tom Wilson should probably kick Foegles ass, but thats about it. This is hockey, and unfortunately from time to time players get hurt.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
If this is a suspension worthy hit, then so was Ovechkin's run at Brock McGinn which clearly targeted the head. In reality it was a penalty worthy hit with an unfortunate outcome. There was no intent to injure and Oshie was in an awkward position which exacerbated the result.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wasn’t a violent shove or an intent to injure. Was just a bad play and Oshie was in a bad position and hit the board awkwardly. 2 mins was more than enough.

Reactions: eco's bones

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
When you break your collar bone you need to support your arm. This is definitely a collar *****.

That said, if any Cap player did this with the same injury outcome, all 17 Cane fans on these boards would be losing their minds...twitter would be going nuts.

If a Capitals player did that to a Hurricanes player I would be hoping he got the proper punishment based on the play. I don't care who I root for, I don't ever want to see anyone get hurt, and especially not on a questionable hit.

Reactions: Drakon

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Wasn’t a violent shove or an intent to injure. Was just a bad play and Oshie was in a bad position and hit the board awkwardly. 2 mins was more than enough.

I'm not gonna whine or get mad if he doesn't get a game, it's hockey, I get that. But why push him at all based on where he was on ice, from behind, that close to the boards?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
That's an unfortunate play and it's unfortunate Oshie got hurt from it. I would hate to see Foegele suspended for it but if he is he is.

I think the ice being **** contributed more to that injury than the push did. I miss Donny Mac giving Raleigh the best ice in the league inexplicably.

Same. Dude was committed to his craft and did a damn good job at what he did.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I'm not gonna whine or get mad if he doesn't get a game, it's hockey, I get that. But why push him at all based on where he was on ice?

I am upset by that play even as a Pens fan. Not necessary but it does happen regularly with no consequences. I will admit that if Wilson did it the outcry would be off the charts (myself probably included). Such is the NHL and the way they treat these things. I hope Oshie is ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00