Confirmed with Link: Todd Mclellan named head coach

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
this sounds like Cammaleri haha

Honestly I do not think Toffoli has sounded entitled, but it is too bad he has not gotten back there
Unlike Cammy, Tyler let his agent do the talking...
hence he got a short 3 year bridge deal and discount gave us a discount at $4.75:rolleyes:.. remember his agent was demanding 6@$6-7

Reactions: YP44

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I don't know if it was Blake or McLellan who said something, but basically one of them intimated that a player has no business saying the practice was pathetic unless they were actually trying hard in practice themselves.
I think that was a quote from McLellan.

Reactions: King'sPawn

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
That was the most uncomfortable 4 goal lead ever without Kopitar , got to see the 5 goal come back in 81 and suffer thru that game but like big king can laugh about it after 12&14 . How great is playoff hockey , can’t help but lock you in emotionally especially if you are there in the stadium for the thrill of miraculous victories and the agony of crushing defeats , have to admit it but I hope TM Has a little Merlin in him I miss the intensity

PS. Hate to root for Vegas because of their fans more than the team but hate the sharks because of their team and the fans , go knights go , gonna go shower now

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
I think that was a quote from McLellan.

No, it was Rob Blake.

Link

Rob Blake said:
Blake wasn't bothered by Toffoli’s comments but also in regards to the practice habits acknowledged that "part of that accountability comes on the players, too. If you’re the hardest working guy every day in practice, maybe you have an opportunity to say that."

McLellan was the one who said this instead:

Todd McLellan said:
"I feel like I can use those comments," he said. "Players shared things with us and with the fans because it's on their minds, and they’re telling us, 'let’s fix this.' But they also have ownership in that. Tyler will understand that – that’s not a problem at all – and I’m excited about working with him again."

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The 2012-14 run has pretty much completely wiped the memories of those games against SJ in 2011 from my memory and I was also there for them.

Not having Kopitar going in to that series led to zero expectations.

The best seats I ever had in a hockey game were to "that game." Haha.

Remember that one fondly because that was when that SJ beat writer said you could hear a pin drop in Staples Center and the place blew the roof off with the lead only to get Charlie Brown'ed in the end.

You didn't think they could make a deep run with Jarret Stoll as the 1C?

The line of Kyle Clifford-Brad Richardson-Wayne Simmonds ended up being the most dangerous line the Kings had in that series.

I could have sworn it was Clifford-Handzus-Simmonds but either way the wingers were wrecking Niemi's life, so much heart in that series...it was disappointing but not unexpected with no Kopitar and a one-armed Williams.

Reactions: YP44 and BigKing

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3