Boston Bruins Todd Angilly officially the anthem singer

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Todd is pretty good, but there were two different ladies who sang the anthems a couple times last year that I thought were very good.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Official anthem singer for Boston Bruins performs at alma mater

PLYMOUTH, N.H. —A familiar voice rang out at the Plymouth State University homecoming football game Saturday.

"It's real special being here," Todd Angilly said.

Angilly is now familiar in homes across New England. The Rhode Island native belted out the national anthem at his alma mater, at the field where his anthem singing began.

The Boston Bruins named Angilly the official anthem singer of the team Thursday after legend Rene Rancourt's retirement.
Angilly sang at 16 home games last season and at each home game through the Bruins Stanley Cup playoff run.

"I've done a couple of appearances for the team and the fans have just been awesome," Angilly said.

At Plymouth State University, the trained opera singer is also a fan favorite.
"
The fans were just so welcoming, just like the Bruins fans. It makes it easier, you go out and you feel like you're at home, you know?" Angilly said.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Bruins got this right :thumbu:

73460696_515099036008065_2012461760388268032_n.png

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Can one of you youngun's do the Google and post a vid of the late Roger Doucet? I swear when he bellowed out the anthem at the old house of horrors, the Ghosts of the Forum were awakened to perform their bedeviling tricks upon us. Todd is our very own, homegrown version of Roger.
I have the CD of Roger Doucet singing all the national anthems from the Montreal Olympics.....amazing. Loved him and his amazing voice.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Can one of you youngun's do the Google and post a vid of the late Roger Doucet? I swear when he bellowed out the anthem at the old house of horrors, the Ghosts of the Forum were awakened to perform their bedeviling tricks upon us. Todd is our very own, homegrown version of Roger.

@aguineapig

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Crazy to think how many times the US/CAN anthems are sang every year.

Todd does a good job, maybe he can quit his bartending job now that he’s making the big bucks.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I would be remiss if I didn't show how good Rene was 40 years ago

So classic!

John Kiley on the organ, the answer to the trivia question: Who's the only guy to "play" for all 3 Boston teams? (Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox)

I love how the color guard just marches out on to the ice without a rug.

Ah, the good ol' days!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad