Today's Slapshot Oilers' draft preview

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Had me until I saw Boris Yakimov and the suggestion that Draisaitl should play wing with RNH and Eberle.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Two second round picks for Malcolm Subban? Ugh...

Also just curious about all these Yakupov-for-dman rumors that you mention. What are they and where did they come from?

Other than that, I don't see a whole lot on the draft, but the possibilities seem at least realistic I guess.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Had me until I saw Boris Yakimov and the suggestion that Draisaitl should play wing with RNH and Eberle.

I love this idea. I don't get why every wants Drai to waste away as the 3rd line Center, he is just too gifted for that. Let him play wing for a year or two, he can always go back to C. I think he would be deadly on a line like that. Also it then leaves Hall-McDavid-Yaks as another line.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Meh lots of mistakes and things that don't make sense.

Edit: the comments are pretty funny at the bottom too. I'm sorry but "Joe" doesn't know **** :laugh:

Last edited:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I love this idea. I don't get why every wants Drai to waste away as the 3rd line Center, he is just too gifted for that. Let him play wing for a year or two, he can always go back to C. I think he would be deadly on a line like that. Also it then leaves Hall-McDavid-Yaks as another line.

I want him to become an elite C, I don't really subscribe to the theory that you can simply play a guy on the wing then move him to centre and he will automatically pick the position up. He's built to be a C, and if that is the case I want him to learn to be an elite C at the pro level even if it means Bakersfield to start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad