Today's presser (notes in #7)

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Do you really believe this?

I don't think they will buy out some precious veteran who Holland loves dearly. No.

The players they look to trade doesn't have any real value, will be difficult to trade them for a 6th rounder even IMO.

Signings, yeah they will re-sign some rfa's, maybe a guy like brunner and probably cleary, but they won't go after Weiss/Horton/Clarkson etc :(

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
And Kenny now witnessed Chicago winning the cup who the wings were up 3-1 against... "we were one game away from beating the eventual stanley cup champions, WE LIKE OUR TEAM"

=

No buy-outs, trades or signings this off-season......................

HAHAHAHA what a great, original joke.:rolleyes:

RedWingsNow*

Currently signed:

Kronwall
Ericsson
Coca-Cola
Quincey
Kindl (qualified RFA)
Smith (qualified RFA)
Dekeyser
Lashoff

...and he's looking for a legit top pairing D?

And for who?
I'm assuming our top 6 is
Kronwall/Ericsson/KIndl/Dekeyser/QUincey/Smith

Holland already gave up a first for Quincey. So the only other logical choice is for Kindl

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Wings should trade Quincey to the Flyers. They love terrible contracts and with Bryz being bought out, they need another terrible contract to fill their quota.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I don't think they will buy out some precious veteran who Holland loves dearly. No.

The players they look to trade doesn't have any real value, will be difficult to trade them for a 6th rounder even IMO.

Signings, yeah they will re-sign some rfa's, maybe a guy like brunner and probably cleary, but they won't go after Weiss/Horton/Clarkson etc :(

Despite all the reports that we're interested in him, after all.

HTT3*

Lashoff was bad last year, but I thought he was better defensively than Smith. I know people are expecting Smith to improve (much like Kindl and Ericsson did), then why can't Lashoff?

Lashoff isn't ever going to be a top 4 guy, but he could develop into a steady bottom pairing guy. Why can't he?

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Lashoff was bad last year, but I thought he was better defensively than Smith. I know people are expecting Smith to improve (much like Kindl and Ericsson did), then why can't Lashoff?

Lashoff isn't ever going to be a top 4 guy, but he could develop into a steady bottom pairing guy. Why can't he?

Its hard to compare Smith and Lashoff since one was facing far better opposition than the other.

Smith played far more minutes on top of facing the better opposition so I expect him to have looked a little more suspect defensively.

I don't mind Lashoff as the #7 guy though, he makes relatively little and is capable of filling in for injuries in a limited role. Smith has potential to be a far more valuable player though.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
He's young and will only get better. He has the physical tools to become a quality bottom pairing defensemen.

What tools are those? Being 6+ foot tall and 200 lbs? If I put on another 10-15 lbs, will that make me a potential quality bottom pairing d-man? Maybe :nod:

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
What tools are those? Being 6+ foot tall and 200 lbs? If I put on another 10-15 lbs, will that make me a potential quality bottom pairing d-man? Maybe :nod:

Yeah, physical tools - plus he makes decent decisions with the puck. I think he's going to be a serviceable defensemen, people seem to forget he's 22 years old with only a handful of NHL games under his belt. Teams need cheap defensemen who can play 20-30 games a year, Lashoff fits the bill and plays a different type of game than the majority of defensemen we have.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Currently signed:

Kronwall
Ericsson
Coca-Cola
Quincey
Kindl (qualified RFA)
Smith (qualified RFA)
Dekeyser
Lashoff

...and he's looking for a legit top pairing D?

That's so we still have a full blue line when Holland balks at paying anywhere near market prices like he always does.

HTT3*

Its hard to compare Smith and Lashoff since one was facing far better opposition than the other.

Smith played far more minutes on top of facing the better opposition so I expect him to have looked a little more suspect defensively.

I don't mind Lashoff as the #7 guy though, he makes relatively little and is capable of filling in for injuries in a limited role. Smith has potential to be a far more valuable player though.

I agree Smith has the higher potential, but I don't understand why people are calling Lashoff a bust. Wings don't need 6 Smiths, they need some steady but cheap bottom pairing shut-down guys that are willing to play physical and block shots.

I see no reason why Lashoff who is only 23 can't improve...

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012

You said in a different thread that you don't even want Weiss on this team, and now you're complaining because you don't think Holland will go after him?

There's just no pleasing some. :shakehead

RedWingsNow*

I don't mind Lashoff as the #7 guy, but that's only if injuries don't force him into the top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad