Today declared state holiday in Latvia

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
The Latvian parliament voted to declare today a holiday across the country so that its citizens can celebrate Latvia’s achievement and greet the team as they return home. They should declare tomorrow a holiday, too - there will be hundreds of thousands of severely hung-over citizens struggling through their work day…

It’s news like this which makes me support them - it just means so much more to the country than it does to most others.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don’t Think many North Americans realize just how passionate Latvia is about hockey. Other than Canada, I don’t think there is a country that is so passionate about the sport.

If you follow international hockey, I think you're pretty aware of them and their wide-traveling and boisterous fan base.

I think what you're saying is that not many North Americans follow international hockey, and you're probably right.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I truly do love seeing moments like these, where "weaker" sides end up going on these deep runs and medaling.

As a Canadian I would've felt no issue at all had they held on and beaten our team in the semis either.

Maybe next year. :laugh:

But I'm glad they were at least able to get a bronze for their valiant efforts! Same goes for Germany getting the silver.

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
The national tv made a bad decision not to bring mobile tv station,so they couldnt stream it live for the nation,cause all mobile networks experienced jamming in city centre.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad