Rumor: Tobias Rieder won't attend Coyotes camp - Agent Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
McCarron.

done

but i'd rather add to McCarron so we could upgrade our D, we already have alot of good young forwards pushing for a top 6/middle six spot (Lehkonen, Carr, Andrighetto, Hudon.. and Scherbak/Reway in the near future).

Last edited:

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
If you assume that's the initial demand, sure. Only the agent is talking to the media though. It's more likely they started higher and went to the media with this whole "We're being reasonable" act.

No, it's completely irrelevant what the initial demand was. The player is currently asking for 2.5 million per year, and that is a perfectly valid demand for a player of his skill-level. It doesn't matter if he wanted this amount, three, five million or even asked for a reverse Belfour.

No one goes "oh no, we can't pay you this fair amount because you asked for too much early on in a negotiation", that would contradict everything known about negotiations. Players always ask for a bit more than they deem acceptable, teams will always start with offering less than they are okay to pay him. That's how these things work. On top of that, earlier discussions where about a long-term deal. Long-term deals for a player of this age will always be more expensive, because the player is using up his strongest years over that time-frame. On such a contract, what might appear much right now, might be way to little in the near future. Hence the player asking for more if the contract is longer.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
No, it's completely irrelevant what the initial demand was. The player is currently asking for 2.5 million per year, and that is a perfectly valid demand for a player of his skill-level. It doesn't matter if he wanted this amount, three, five million or even asked for a reverse Belfour.

No one goes "oh no, we can't pay you this fair amount because you asked for too much early on in a negotiation", that would contradict everything known about negotiations. Players always ask for a bit more than they deem acceptable, teams will always start with offering less than they are okay to pay him. That's how these things work. On top of that, earlier discussions where about a long-term deal. Long-term deals for a player of this age will always be more expensive, because the player is using up his strongest years over that time-frame. On such a contract, what might appear much right now, might be way to little in the near future. Hence the player asking for more if the contract is longer.
This. Plus the only person who claimed Rieder was asking for "Kadri money" was that clown Craig Morgan. He than came out with an article a couple weeks later basically saying that the Kadri number was never a thing. I don't know what to believe so I, for one, refuse to blindly place blame on either side for the time being. The whole "let him rot" comments are a ****ing joke.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
https://www.google.ca/amp/oilonwhyte.com/2016/09/30/edmonton-oilers-tobias-rieder-trade-rumor/amp/

I don't know why in this article it says Yakupov is injury prone. He had a broken ankle in 2013 and a linesman took him out last year. Those two injuries don't make him injury prone at all.

I'd laugh hard if Rieder ended back in Edmonton.

Rieder is not a center. You'd think a fan site run by Edmonton fans would know this considering they actually are the team that drafted him.

sda

Feb 18, 2008
done

but i'd rather add to McCarron so we could upgrade our D, we already have alot of good young forwards pushing for a top 6/middle six spot (Lehkonen, Carr, Andrighetto, Hudon.. and Scherbak/Reway in the near future).

None of those forwards are top 6. If that is all you have for prospects your organization is in real trouble

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
How about a 1:1 for Eric Fehr? Fehr is a versatile C/W on a good $2mil contract. History of production.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
done

What? Rieder is a dime-a-dozen player, McCarron is 6ft6 beast who crash the net. We dont have anything close to him in our prospect pool. Rieder gives us nothing we dont already have. Plus we dont have the cap space. Horrible proposition.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
What? Rieder is a dime-a-dozen player, McCarron is 6ft6 beast who crash the net. We dont have anything close to him in our prospect pool. Rieder gives us nothing we dont already have. Plus we dont have the cap space. Horrible proposition.

Rieder is currently a 40 point 2 way winger (he got 37 points on a terrible roster), hes a dime a dozen player? Did you see him play at the World Cup?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
How about a 1:1 for Eric Fehr? Fehr is a versatile C/W on a good $2mil contract. History of production.

I'd much rather spend 2.5M on Rieder.

I did think the Fehr + Oscar Sundqvist or Pouliot offers were interesting. But again, I'd rather just sign him. Who knows what happens

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand of KHL salaries I'm thinking Rieder would be fortunate to get $1.5m or so in the KHL? Not to mention the season is already 25% over.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
None of those forwards are top 6. If that is all you have for prospects your organization is in real trouble

If you think none of Lehkonen, Carr, Andrighetto, Hudon have top6 potential, you will most probably have a surprise.

sda

Feb 18, 2008
Rieder is currently a 40 point 2 way winger (he got 37 points on a terrible roster), hes a dime a dozen player? Did you see him play at the World Cup?

So not currently a 40 point player.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Rieder is not a center. You'd think a fan site run by Edmonton fans would know this considering they actually are the team that drafted him.

Rieder did play some centre in Kitchener so there is that. But I agree if the Oilers actually were trying to acquire him (which I really doubt they would be) it would be to play wing. We've already got enough centre depth with McDavid, Nuge, Draisaitl, and now potentially Caggiula who has looked good at centre this preseason.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Rieder did play some centre in Kitchener so there is that. But I agree if the Oilers actually were trying to acquire him (which I really doubt they would be) it would be to play wing. We've already got enough centre depth with McDavid, Nuge, Draisaitl, and now potentially Caggiula who has looked good at centre this preseason.

I would welcome him back. We could use another Radek Dvorak type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad