Tobias Reider is the reason the Oilers aren't making the playoffs

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Not getting mid-level picks for a pending UFA Chiasson or Kassian because of some misguided hope of somehow managing to sneak into the playoffs was a mistake.
A mid round pick, I would rather keep our prospects down in the AHL to develop, they are playing well down there, no need to break that up.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
What's with some Canadian teams slowly become a ****show?

Ottawa now Edmonton, are these guys so full of themselves they don't realize it?
It's been like this forever man.

Remember like 4-5 seasons ago, Mac T and Kevin Lowe said "they knew a thing or two about winning" and pointed to all their Stanley Cup rings. Those two have been here through the entire thing and retain that attitude. But, whose to blame them? Obviously being a total embarrassment of a franchise doesn't matter much to the owner.

Edit: Hilarious, video literally got posted right above my comment :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Yeah they need more than a new Gm. They need to fire everyone except maybe Gretzky and his guys.

Everyone. There is nobody who isn't replaceable. Keith G is doing okay, but he hasn't been a superstar either. Nicholson is the worst - defending the OBC, saying that MacT is doing great because he runs Bakersfield, and Wayne is hardly around, and that Lowe isn't involved with hockey ops - shut up, can the lot, start fresh. Ugh.

Just so we are all clear here, Gretzky and his guys, are all Chiarelli guys. They came over from Boston with Chiarelli.

Reactions: NeverForget06

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
A mid round pick, I would rather keep our prospects down in the AHL to develop, they are playing well down there, no need to break that up.
You don't need to call up a prospect, someone like Currie (who ended up getting called up anyways) will do the trick.

They would be smart to dump Kassian's contract for a draft pick and replace him with a league minimum player. Hot streak aside, he's garbage.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
There are SOOOOOOO many problems with this statement...to expect Reider to be the difference maker is highly questionable. How does that song go? I've got 99 problems but the "blank" isn't one of them? Reider is being treated like Nicholson's "blank" here.

Heck, even if Reider scored 30 goals, they'd likely have missed the playoffs anyway. What an embarrassment.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You don't need to call up a prospect, someone like Currie (who ended up getting called up anyways) will do the trick.

They would be smart to dump Kassian's contract for a draft pick and replace him with a league minimum player. Hot streak aside, he's garbage.
So, since currie is already playing.

Who else do they call up? They also already have gambardella called up.

Who else?

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
As long as this guy is on board, this abomination will continue.

If I was an Oilers fan, I’d be looking for this guy and take him out. Kidding or maybe not? :whaaa?:

This clown has no business speaking on behalf of hockey ops. He doesn’t have a clue and is setting an ugly precedent. :facepalm:

This is rock bottom for them, imo.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
LOL I'd understand the comment if Crosby decided to put up 30 points after a pt/game season or if Ovechkin decided he'd be a 4th liner tomorrow.

Or if McDavid went went scoreless 1/2 the season... but Rieder?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Didn't they go into the season banking on Ty Rattie putting up top line production alongside McDavid? Whoever's moronic idea that was is the reason they're not in the playoffs.

Reactions: tmurfin

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Yeah, so many Oil fans thought Rattie was the answer after preseason it was hilarious...

Didn't they go into the season banking on Ty Rattie putting up top line production alongside McDavid? Whoever's moronic idea that was is the reason they're not in the playoffs.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Edmonton hasn't solved their issues but they found a scapegoat. wow! :help:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hey, if J T Brown scored 20 goals the Wild would be in the playoffs.o_O

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad