Tobias Reider is the reason the Oilers aren't making the playoffs

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Scary is, what will it take for Nicholason and the OBC to finally be accountable (ie getting fired). They got rid of one suit in Chiarelli but he was 1/10th of the problem with the oilers front office woes.

Until these clowns are shown the door I don’t think much will change as far as the on ice product goes.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Yea and i bet if strome had those 13 goals on the oilers they would make the playoff too. How about you hire some competent personnels first before pointing fingers elsewhere

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
God that’s an imbecilic comment. :laugh: Edmonton has a goal differential of -38. They are absolutely not 15 goals from the playoffs.

The rot is deeply ingrained in this organization and it goes right to the top. Pray for Mojo. Mojo is the Oilers.

Listen, if Rieder scored 40 goals we'd be in the playoffs no problem.

I hate this team.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Scary is, what will it take for Nicholason and the OBC to finally be accountable (ie getting fired). They got rid of one suit in Chiarelli but he was 1/10th of the problem with the oilers front office woes.

Until these clowns are shown the door I don’t think much will change as far as the on ice product goes.
The team being sold is the only thing that will cause them to be accountable.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
When your season hinges on a bottom 6 winger

The problem is that Chiarelli signed Reider to play wing with Draisaitl, which essentially means that Stinky Pete expected Reider to be a 2nd line winger. That isn't Reider's fault, it's horrible player evaluation by Chiarelli.

Dick move by Nicholson to say all of this as well. You shouldn't be singling out players like this. He could easily just have said, "We failed to bring in the type of goal production that we needed to support goal scoring on our wings. We need to add scoring in that area so we can improve and become a playoff team again next season"

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Why does Edmonton's management and ownership love hearing themselves?

At least Ottawa's knows to avoid the media.

I have no issue with them holding a ticket holders meeting where things can be discussed. The availability isn't the issue. It's saying stupid things, probably thinking that it won't get out to the media, that is the issue here. Poor judgement, very poor judgement.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Had Rieder scored in their 7 overtime losses, they would have 78 points and fighting for a playoff wildcard spot. If he scored in the final minute to tie up the game 8 more times, they would have at least 8 more points and probably 12, as they would probably win about half (maybe even more given Rieder's elite overtime scoring ability as mentioned above). This would put them around around 90 points, which is 3rd in the Pacific.

Seems like a pretty clear cut case. He's the reason why they're out of the playoff picture. f***ing Toby, man.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Mental gas? What kind of nick is that. Sounds like someone is looking for drama.

Do not believe this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad