TML Souring on Babcock?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
The amount of minutes he underplays Matthews is absurd. He's also still obsessed with having depth players on the top two lines acting as piano pullers.
The same complaint people had of Blashill and other coaches around the league. Coaches love their "responsible" gritty, often veteran, guys.

Good teams adjust, Matthews said, “and we just do the same thing over and over” — an indictment of the coach’s lack of imagination if there ever was one. After a loss in Arizona in February, Matthews reiterated his thesis: “We could have made adjustments in-game, but we kept doing the same thing over and over again.” If a team’s soon-to-be highest-paid player is openly skeptical of the system, you’ve got a problem with one or the other. And Dubas already picked his side.

lol.

This is gonna get real juicy.

Last edited:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Any of the fans here living in Ontario will be able to vouch for me when I say they have been disappointed with him for a while now

to say they've soured "a bit" is underselling it, most casual fans think he's an idiot at this point

So you're saying we need to dispatch Glendening to Toronto before Babcock is canned ASAP

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Leafs fan so I apologize for the intrusion. Just legitimately curious if people here think Larkin would have developed differently under Babcock. Thanks for your time.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Leafs fan so I apologize for the intrusion. Just legitimately curious if people here think Larkin would have developed differently under Babcock. Thanks for your time.

Impossible to say for sure. But Larkin has always been a hard working, high effort type of player so I think Babcock would have liked him a lot due to that.

Reactions: Flowah and meng666

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

To me, Larkin is the type that would excel with most coaches. He wants to be "the guy" and has worked very hard to improve his game, and I honestly don't think Blashill is all that integral to his performance.

Reactions: Flowah and meng666

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016
For me, I think it's really hard to say. I feel like had Babcock stayed it would have just continued to push efforts to maintain the streak. I think it would have been harder for the DRWs to embrace the rebuild with Babcock still at the helm (pun intended). So, I think the team's motivation would have played a significant role in how Larkin would have been used and subsequently how he would have developed. At the same time, despite his usage of certain veterans there are some great examples on the TMLs right now who have developed under Babcock so, kind of hard to argue with that.

Reactions: meng666

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad