Tkachuk with GOTY Candidate

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Here's the angle from behind the glass, which shows the puck was significantly in front of Tkachuk, making it more likely that it was below the bar:

Reactions: Snakepit

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The stick is above his head and shoulders, what other angles do you need?
Alright, I'll bite. This is an angled view. As an example, look at the top of the net from that view. The white back bar appears to be above the crossbar from the angled view, but of course we know that that isn't the case. Because the camera is above the height of the net, things further back on that plane will appear "higher." Similarly, the fact that puck is "higher" than his head in the angle doesn't not actually tell us about a difference in height, unless we also know the difference in depth.

Reactions: I am toxic

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Enjoy it since I don’t think LA will be winning a lot of games this year.
Who knows, they are already more entertaining to watch vs last year..

All I know is they took a playoff team from last year down on home ice. They have 2 points in 2 games

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
just has to be over the crossbar..which is lower than his head
That's on the second hit. The one that directs the puck into the net is quite clearly below the crossbar. The only contentious thing is whether that first contact with the puck was over his shoulder. That is a challengeable play.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
just has to be over the crossbar..which is lower than his head

Actually, this had to be below his shoulders I believe. The initial touch didn't bat the puck into the goal. He tapped the puck down certainly from above the crossbar, but then scored on the second touch which was around his waist. The "shot" certainly isn't in question, it's whether or not the first touch of the puck was a high stick.

Either way, that's a pretty ridiculous goal and tremendous hand-eye coordination. He's a great pest.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I think before exclaiming things like this, a second angle which helps to actually determine the height of the puck would be helpful.
Is Tkachuk like 4'1 or something he's looking iup and the blade of his stick is higher than his head but we need more views people.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
He’s looking up at this point.

EGaGguWUwAAdvdg.jpg

Looks like a high stick to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad