Post-Game Talk: Tkachuk? More like Tkasuck

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Miller needs to stop trying to overpass the puck. That’s most of it. I’d rather he just skated the puck out of the zone but indont know what the coaches are telling the D to do
Almost all his major turnovers are being in a tight spot and trying to pass the puck through someone. He just needs to stop thinking he’s a good passer. That, or actually get better at it. He’s adequate,he’s not Fox, he should stop trying to play like it
hes freakishly big and fast. he needs to be skating all over the ice imo to take advantage of his attributes that very few possess. id like to see him with fox and lindgren with trouba. lets trouba be more of a rover with lindgren being steady. fox with miller allows for miller to be more offensive and fox can quarterback everything.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Amazing how this team was sooooo dead that it took a career ahl’er playing his first game as a ranger showing he cared more than them to wake up.
Actually it took Tkachuk being brain dead to wake them up. When your captain takes himself off in exchange for a career AHLer with a 2-0 lead because he started a fight over a clean hit, so dumb.
Mackey had no choice but to fight Tkachuk. Happy is woke the team up

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I think Lindgren is now damaged goods and likely will need shoulder surgery to fix it half right....it likely pops out with little effort I am guessing . He barely was brushed in the hit that took him out last time . Unless he can be mended and takes a dirt cheap deal and is regulated to 5-6th spot duty I would move him first . I love the guy.....but it is what it is . I doubt they move any big names until Summer if at all . I don't want Kakko traded ...I give him another season . Chytil is likely done.....that is a problem . I wonder if Othmann could ever convert to be a C ? I don't know his skill set well enough....just thinking outside the box for internal fixes . We seem set at LW already......so he likely will be playing on the opposite wing anyways . Something to think about trying him at 3C at some point . Maybe one of our minor league experts know more on him and can comment ?
I agree regarding damaged goods comment....personally, I think there have been many times when he should have taken extra time to heal fully and didn't. If it turns out shoulder keeps him out for an extended period, I'd shut him down for the season and see how he is come preseason. While I admire the "warrior" mentality, it's not good when it's hurting rather than helping the team.

Reactions: leetch99

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Just watched a compressed version of the game, and I can't help but wonder if we should be extra extra cautious with bringing Lindgren back into the lineup. Like, maybe give him until next September to really get back up to speed.

Also, that Trouba elbow should definitely have been more than two games, no? Is it too late to appeal that decision?

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I think Lindgren is now damaged goods and likely will need shoulder surgery to fix it half right....it likely pops out with little effort I am guessing . He barely was brushed in the hit that took him out last time . Unless he can be mended and takes a dirt cheap deal and is regulated to 5-6th spot duty I would move him first . I love the guy.....but it is what it is . I doubt they move any big names until Summer if at all . I don't want Kakko traded ...I give him another season . Chytil is likely done.....that is a problem . I wonder if Othmann could ever convert to be a C ? I don't know his skill set well enough....just thinking outside the box for internal fixes . We seem set at LW already......so he likely will be playing on the opposite wing anyways . Something to think about trying him at 3C at some point . Maybe one of our minor league experts know more on him and can comment ?
I was talking about trading miller. I would trade him for a young center in a heartbeat.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Watch the broadway hat video and tell me Fox isn’t the captain. Mouthbreather Trouba isn’t as bad as he’s made out to be but he’s wildly overpaid and we don’t need him.

Reactions: turcotte8

IchabodCrane

Mar 11, 2023
Absolutely needed this win so then weren’t stewing on a loss for 2 weeks. Quick needs to start coming out of the break. Rangers might have something with Cuylle-Brodzinski-Kakko. Mackey and Jones actually can get the puck in net from the blue line. The NMC bums have saved themselves for the time being but I’d be looking to move Miller for a center. Another brutal turnover leading to a goal. Nightly occurrence.

The giveaways are the glaring obvious things. But jfc, watch him in the d zone. He is always out of position, missing stick checks and plays softer than ANY other hockey player.

He loses every board battle as well. Miller is complete 💩.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
The giveaways are the glaring obvious things. But jfc, watch him in the d zone. He is always out of position, missing stick checks and plays softer than ANY other hockey player.

He loses every board battle as well. Miller is complete 💩.

They saw a tall lanky kid and thought he'd be great at D.

Much like Michael thinking Stanley could play basketball just because he's black:

stanley-theoffice.gif

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Right but too many people on this board seem to conclude that a player having a down season at any age means that they’ll never recover.

Remember when everyone decided Ovechkin was cooked in 2009 because he only scored 30? It took Brady Skjei many years to fully develop.

Miller may very well go back to playing at a #2 defenseman level (which he was last season) at any given time. Could be tomorrow, could be a year from now. Could of course be never, but the point is that we don’t know.

Reactions: kovazub94

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I was talking about trading miller. I would trade him for a young center in a heartbeat.
I'm on the trading Miller bandwagon. However, my biggest issue with how Drury built this team is that there is nobody to fill in on defense. The depth just isn't there. So if Miller is traded, you have to also get another defenseman in return. Miller for a center and defenseman would appeal to me.

wow, drury is ruthless
No sense for those guys to be sitting around on our bye week.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Right but too many people on this board seem to conclude that a player having a down season at any age means that they’ll never recover.

Remember when everyone decided Ovechkin was cooked in 2009 because he only scored 30? It took Brady Skjei many years to fully develop.

Miller may very well go back to playing at a #2 defenseman level (which he was last season) at any given time. Could be tomorrow, could be a year from now. Could of course be never, but the point is that we don’t know.

The team needs a shakeup on D. Trouba can’t be moved until the summer. Miller and Lindgren are both not top 4 guys. They need an upgrade and miller has a lot of value

Even if Miller becomes a player elsewhere, i won’t miss a player who refuses to throw a hit.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA

Agreed, not moving him. Trade Lindgren so he can be some other teams injury problem.

The team has no defense prospects as it is, trading your only high upside U23 defenseman is stupidity

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Thought the same. You're in a home game with a 2-0 lead and you're the team Captain. This move completely woke up the Rangers.
Yes. The Mackey hit was nothing. Just shoved the Ottawa guy over in open ice. Tkachuk may eventually mature but at the moment he’s a complete front running show-off. Moping and tantrums when things are going bad and when things are going good he’s a big man starting fights with way smaller guys.
And how about the way the fight ended with tkachuk turtling. Anyone have a screen grab of that?

Btw, when a guy starts a fight after a hit like that, if it’s not an instigator it should be an extra two for delay of game.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

Miller is young, not paid $8m, and has had good seasons in close proximity.

Trouba is approaching 30, paid $8m, and has been bad for years now.

Let's move one before the other.

Reactions: tiggles and Phnxldr

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Yes. The Mackey hit was nothing. Just shoved the Ottawa guy over in open ice. Tkachuk may eventually mature but at the moment he’s a complete front running show-off. Moping and tantrums when things are going bad and when things are going good he’s a big man starting fights with way smaller guys.
And how about the way the fight ended with tkachuk turtling. Anyone have a screen grab of that?

Btw, when a guy starts a fight after a hit like that, if it’s not an instigator it should be an extra two for delay of game.
Definitely should have been an instigator -- don't know why it wasn't. Now that I think of it, I can't recall last time one was handed out.....

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Definitely should have been an instigator -- don't know why it wasn't. Now that I think of it, I can't recall last time one was handed out.....
Instigator seems to be used when a guy is jumped and really forced to fight. When they make eye contact, square off, both drop the gloves before a punch is thrown it’s more of a gentlemanly bout and they seem to let it go more often than not.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don’t think it was technically an instigator penalty because he didn’t jump Mackey. He just challenged him and Mackey took the challenge. But it was definitely a delay of game. They should have a Fake Tough Guy penalty. Along the same lines as the Embellishment penalty. Essentially ‘quit faking’.

wow, drury is ruthless
I believe they’re both on one-way deals so it’s not a money issue. Assuming that’s the case, they should definitely be playing during the break. And I assume the players would agree.

Reactions: Ail and majordomo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad