Status
Not open for further replies.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
All this site has done is take a nice win and make it a bury Trouba thread. It’s pathetic and lame and let me let you in on a secret. They love Trouba, because he’s there heart and soul and a heck of a player. He’s the last guy they’re moving in the summer but keep pretending that’s gonna happen. Goodrow didn’t impress anyone tonight? Did anyone watch the game or just have an agenda?

Who are you talking to?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
It’s nice to see them win a game and find some offense, but this one doesn’t inspire much confidence or difference of opinion for me. The overall stretch of play these past 10-15 games has been atrocious and Ottawa is hardly a benchmark team. As far as I’m concerned every single thought and criticism from after the Vegas game is 100% as valid today as it was yesterday, and it would be embarrassing if this organization took a single win over a bottom five team as any indication that they haven’t lost the plot right now. I am still so beyond done with Mika lately.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I seem to recall 2 months ago when we brought up a career minor leaguer and put him on the RW with Mika and Krieder. He got a few points in his 1st game and everyone went nuts claiming we had solved that problem. That was Johnny B. Now everyone wants him on waivers and if he's claimed, who cares. So don't make Connor Mackey into Larry Robinson.

Reactions: TominNC

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Seriously tho Drury should move Lindgren asap

I can live with Trouba in the lineup but Jones needs to be playing everyday
Come playoff time, we’ll be looking to add dmen like Lindgren and Trouba. Both have their warts but both guys are what teams want in the postseason….

Having said this, I’m 2000% confident @Machinehead is going to post their advanced playoff stats and it’ll contradict everything I just said, so….. :laugh:

Reactions: TheDirtyH and tlk

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Love this. Russian goalies have always been like this. Igor is more bobrovsky than Vasi

Honestly, I'm not a sToP sTeReOtYpInG yOu bIgOt guy but that just seems baseless. Style of play and maybe even body composition I see but what exactly does nationality have to do with mental strength and composure?

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
thoughts.

1. Laf continues to play great

2. Quick was the difference. Shesty i think would have folded

3. Miller is the worst dman on the team. Trade him now for a young center.

4. Panarin is great but some bad passing habits are creeping back

5. Way to many lazy passes and defensive breakdowns

6. Great sebut for mackay

7. Kreider finally shot off the rush and actualllh looked like he gave a shit

8. Tkachuk ahould have gotten an instigator

9. Dont look for a penalty and stop playing. Almost cost us a goal. Play hard to the whistle.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Come playoff time, we’ll be looking to add dmen like Lindgren and Trouba. Both have their warts but both guys are what teams want in the postseason….

Having said this, I’m 2000% confident @Machinehead is going to post their advanced playoff stats and it’ll contradict everything I just said, so….. :laugh:

Lindgren's a bit better than Trouba in playoffs over last 3 years, but not by much. And Lindgren's gotten to play with Fox

Reactions: Kupo

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It’s nice to see them win a game and find some offense, but this one doesn’t inspire much confidence or difference of opinion for me. The overall stretch of play these past 10-15 games has been atrocious and Ottawa is hardly a benchmark team. As far as I’m concerned every single thought and criticism from after the Vegas game is 100% as valid today as it was yesterday, and it would be embarrassing if this organization took a single win over a bottom five team as any indication that they haven’t lost the plot right now. I am still so beyond done with Mika lately.
I don't care who they were playing. Scoring 7 straight goals after being down 2-0 is a gift from heaven especially before a 9 day break and that break couldn't come at a better time. It gives them time to practice and reset. I think Drury knows the flaws of this team which have been on display for over a month and 1 game against Ottawa isn't going to change that. I also don't think any trades are going to happen until close to the deadline.

Reactions: Ned Braden

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Passed out, which is always a good vibe for the actual team. This, from the Ottawa newspaper, is proof how STUPID the idea of fighting a solid check by another player after the fact:

“It’s frustrating, for sure, I want to be out (on the ice) helping the team win,” said Tkachuk. “It was a clean hit; if it was dirty, it would have been a penalty. I don’t like seeing Timmy getting hit and getting knocked over. I wanted to stick up for him.”

Said Martin: “He stepped up to defend one of his teammates. So we should get a different response from his teammates. That’s what I’m disappointed in. We gave them three goals.”

And PS. Never ever evah scratch Jack Zones again.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
So funny here sometimes

1st place team beats the team with least points in Conference,
so obviously time to send away the #2, #3 and #4 D-men

Sorry, i am not convinced, yet, that that will improve team, or its playoff prospects

Reactions: KennyWu

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!

Another pylon and incredible crash dummy?

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Having all 3 of Miller Lindgren and Trouba in the lineup feels like a liability at this point. Jones is small but competes and can actually get shots through and skate. Mackey gives a shit. I’m willing to give him a shot for that alone

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Another pylon and incredible crash dummy?
1706417079539.gif

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
I seem to recall 2 months ago when we brought up a career minor leaguer and put him on the RW with Mika and Krieder. He got a few points in his 1st game and everyone went nuts claiming we had solved that problem. That was Johnny B. Now everyone wants him on waivers and if he's claimed, who cares. So don't make Connor Mackey into Larry Robinson.
For clarification- Brodz got two assists in his third game this season

Reactions: LokiDog

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
was watching in the car

Key is taking the Peter Prucha path

I was ok or good with everyone else
Kam just turned 24. He’s the guy I’m not too worried about. I think late 20’s/early 30’s, he’ll be a somewhat dominant dmen with his reach and physical attributes.

It’s the IQ with him and a lot of that was him switching positions so late.
xGF% from 2021-22 to 2023-24
Lindgren
Regular Season 49.64%
Playoffs 41.37%

Trouba
Regular Season 48.31%
Playoffs 39.05%
Awwwwww f***.. They do regress in the playoffs….

Aight. Give me Connor McWhatever and Jones, I guess. 🤦🏻‍♂️

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Quick is our guy. He hosted the holiday party. His wife is head of the PTA. He’s a leader through and through, well liked and a performer. That’s a starter and team player in my book.

Bye Igor. And take your negative vibes with you.
Sorry to say but Lavi is keeping Shesty as number 1 .

Reactions: CasusBelli and tlk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad