Tkachuk Disappointed With Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

BUt they're only trying to make a decent living to pay the bills and feed the family......................

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Tekneek said:
I bet you could find people who would sign up for that right now.
Sadly, I'm seeing it more and more with young kids eah passing year. Their lack of persective and near disdain for knowledge on the part of many is alarming. Being a successful doctor, judge, lawyer, corporate raider, etc are no longer goals to strive for. Now, more than ever, young adults are content with ignorance on such a massive level. It really is alarming, and I question what the future will truly be like.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Crows said:
BUt they're only trying to make a decent living to pay the bills and feed the family......................
As we know, Latrell Sprewell claimed that he couldn't even put food on his family's table. The $14 million a year he was making to put a little ball through a hoop just wasn't cutting it.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
If KT and a bunch of the players feel this way they can get together, vote down the deal, force another long series of negotiations, maybe even cancel another season but they'll be able to spend some more quality time with the family.

I wonder if we'll find out how much of the union's funds have been paid out to the players?

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
WC Handy said:
This isn't news. There's not a player in the league that isn't disappointed that there's going to be a cap.

I agree. He would rather have a system where he can earn 10 million a year, rather than a system where he will earn half that. What a shock. I don't see why people are bashing Tkachuk for saying he doesn't agree with the cap. This isn't nearly half as bad as other things said during the lockout.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Hasbro said:
And their Dogs!

Some may think you're joking, but if (as I suspect strongly he is..) Keith is one of the legions of big leaguers to have been caught up in the fantastic giant farrah fawcett haired poodle mania, it's no laughing matter. These gorgeous and talented animals are not your run of the mill pet. Unfortunately many unqualified hockey players have gotten so caught up in the frenzy that they now find themselves custodians of these magnificent beasts without the proper budget to feed, primp and pamper them.... These animals, while a gift to humanity, should be maintained only by oil barons and shipping magnates who can truly appreciate and pamper them.

Keith, if you're out there, please, I implore you: THERE'S NO SHAME in admitting you can't afford your pet and turning her over to someone who can. It takes a big man to make that decision, but you know it's the right one..

on the boards

Feb 28, 2005
Tkachuk is just one of many players who appear to lack any insight and awareness of how their comments play out with the fans and general public. Sure, they are angry with the owners and the league, but alas, any time they talk about salary there is a failure to recognize that gate receipts and souvenirs were what helped finance their lifestyle. It certainly has opened my eyes on the sense of entitlement that some of these guys have-- and not just in hockey either...When third and fourth line grinders start talking like Modano and McCabe, then we truly are in trouble.

SedinFan*

nikeisevil said:
I feel so horrible for poor Keith. Poor guy. It really is sad.

Ya, I feel just terrible for a player making 10 million per season. Boo hoo.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Keith just doesn't get it. It's not about being happy about the salary cap, or not. It's about understanding the situation. Clearly he still does not.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Tekneek said:
Keith just doesn't get it. It's not about being happy about the salary cap, or not. It's about understanding the situation. Clearly he still does not.
He's never struck me as mensa material

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Tekneek said:
Would Tkachuk rather give up guaranteed contracts? I figure that's the only way you could go on without a salary cap.
big markets would love that ! they would have a field day with it for sure.

becareful what you wish for. besides, i never understood why people act like its a one way street. if owners can get out any time, why shouldnt a player be able to ?

a contract is a contract for both sides, i think there should be no buyout and no holdout. if the two sides want to negotiate to get out, thats their business though.

dr

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
Married to Hockey said:
Yeah, but it is perfectly fine for all of you for a movie comedian like Adam Sandler to make 1000 times what the prime minister makes...how is it even relevant? Do you pay to watch the chief justice perform? Wake up - its called entertainment and its what people want and what people pay for!!!!

Yeah, you gotta love Happy Gimour :biglaugh:

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
craig1 said:
Sadly, I'm seeing it more and more with young kids eah passing year. Their lack of persective and near disdain for knowledge on the part of many is alarming. Being a successful doctor, judge, lawyer, corporate raider, etc are no longer goals to strive for. Now, more than ever, young adults are content with ignorance on such a massive level. It really is alarming, and I question what the future will truly be like.

Maybe you're talking to the wrong kids. Or perhaps asking them too early. Either way, what kid wouldn't want to play a game or write a song or do something fun for a living?

In either case, I think Tkachuk should worry more about his performance for the upcoming season; he isn't going to go hungry even if his salary is cut in half (assuming, of course, he isn't a gigantic spender-but that would be his problem).

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Tkachuk is a joke. He doesnt deserve half of what he makes. His antics in the past have been one of the reasons we have reached this horrible lockout.

Keith-shut your suck and be happy you arent pumping gas in southie.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
nikeisevil said:
I feel so horrible for poor Keith. Poor guy. It really is sad.
someone once asked me if you could be any of the professional athletes who would it be. I love football but who wants to go thru that if you have a choice. Even Tom Brady who has it all regularly gets the crap knocked out of him atleast once a game. Basketball- forget it. Baseball? long season and the inevitable slump would drive me nuts....hockey? summers off, great game. I ended up picking Keith Tkachuk. By the time he was mid 20's he was making over $5 mil a year. No athlete has had a better ride than he. He should start every day rain or shine, walking outside and looking up and thanking somebody for his life. He has got to be kidding me. He's early 30's and probably made $50 million. And like some football, basketball, and baseball players who grew up with zilch he had it pretty good to begin with.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruwinz37 said:
Tkachuk is a joke. He doesnt deserve half of what he makes. His antics in the past have been one of the reasons we have reached this horrible lockout.

Keith-shut your suck and be happy you arent pumping gas in southie.
Tkachuk grew up around here and we were well aware of him. My understanding was the Bruins were extremely interested and he was the choice. He had been hurt in HS and missed almost the entire season with I think a knee injury. Mike Smith who was GM with the Jets and lives on the Islands and is familiar with the kids around here ended up grabbing him a few picks before Boston. but not before making a wild trade with Hawerchuk and swaps of number ones going with Buffalo. What I remember if correct was Brad May went to Buffalo with Winnipegs pick but Winnipeg thought Tkachuk to high there and would have taken someone else. He went to BU and Tootie Cahoon (now coach of UMass) was Parker's assistant and looked after Keith. I heard he was a great, great kid - listened, respectful, hard working- nice. I'm not sure who Boston drafted but I think Smolinski but may be wrong- was told he was the guy. I'd still take him in Boston. Fifty mil or whatever by early 30's aint to bad. The next Keith Tkachuk will probably make only $25-35 mil but should get be able to 'feed his family'.

Eklund

Jun 22, 2005
www.hockeybuzz.com
does it mention how horribly out of shape he is rumored to be?...A month ago I heard he was approaching 300 pounds...I will tell you one thing, and someone here who had access to the Player's Source website back me up on this one...I talked to some giys who said the written war between Keith and JR back February on the source message board was legendary....One guy said, "I can't wait to see them on the ice together in the future."

Keith has always been a Goodenow guy...He and Guerin were part of the mafia, along with about 12 otheres that I know of... but Guerin realized the PA strategy was going nowhere and brought Boughner over to Trevor in the last two months....

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
It should be interesting to see how some of the more vocal players are going to get treated by the owners/teams. What was Esche thinking recently by opening his big yap again?

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
What was the latest Esche-capade? I missed it if it was something in the last month. Anyone have a quote?

ResidentAlien*

I guess this is why they say: 'Those can...do, those who can't come to HF boards"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad