Confirmed with Link: Tkachuk + Cnd 4th in 2025 or 26 to Florida for Tkachuk (signed for 8x$9.5) for Huberdeau, Weegar, Cole Schwindt and a Cnd 2025 or 26 1st

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
While fun to think, That line would be awful :laugh:

Honestly, I think the cats take a massive step back, because they don't have a player that could get 50 out of Bennett anymore. I don't think a lot of Flames fans understand the talent we got back in Huberdeau. He's as talented as Gaudreau, except massive and harder to disrupt.
Brought in the player that led the league in assists and a 1.22 ppg centre from the cup winner and people are like, meh they aren't as good

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Brought in the player that led the league in assists and a 1.22 ppg centre from the cup winner and people are like, meh they aren't as good

Yeah but they lost a player that everyone made fun of for being tiny and not as good as Flames fans said he was. And a turtle rat who was carried by the midget.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Calling Kadri a 1.22 PPG center, when he's only averaged .64 PPG prior to last season is a massive difference. It's extremely unlikely he repeats that performance. The top line took a huge hit, in order to vastly improve the 2nd and 3rd lines, as well as defense. On paper, we should be a much deeper, harder to play against team, but only time will tell.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Calling Kadri a 1.22 PPG center, when he's only averaged .64 PPG prior to last season is a massive difference. It's extremely unlikely he repeats that performance. The top line took a huge hit, in order to vastly improve the 2nd and 3rd lines, as well as defense. On paper, we should be a much deeper, harder to play against team, but only time will tell.
I'm calling him a 1.22 PPG centre because that's what he was most recently, and he didn't do it by feasting off Rantanen as I see many people claiming on main boards.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I'm calling him a 1.22 PPG centre because that's what he was most recently, and he didn't do it by feasting off Rantanen as I see many people claiming on main boards.
You can call him whatever you want but he sure didn't do it alone either. Myself, I'm expecting a 50-60 point, aggressive and physical 2C, unless he ends up with Huberdeau. That's more or less the value of the contract he signed too. I would imagine the organization expectations are 60+. As Flames fans we should be pretty good at identifying ballooned stats due to playing with much better players. Like I said, I think Kadri will be pretty successful in his role here but a career, is a career year.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
You can call him whatever you want but he sure didn't do it alone either. Myself, I'm expecting a 50-60 point, aggressive and physical 2C, unless he ends up with Huberdeau. That's more or less the value of the contract he signed too. I would imagine the organization expectations are 60+. As Flames fans we should be pretty good at identifying ballooned stats due to playing with much better players. Like I said, I think Kadri will be pretty successful in his role here but a career, is a career year.
It’s a good thing he has linemates then.

Let’s not act like Burakovsky and Nuke are the second coming here and driving Kadri’s line. Nukes best season prior to this last year was 27 points, Burakovsky was 45 in 58 on Colorado,

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010

Let’s not act like Burakovsky and Nuke are the second coming here and driving Kadri’s line. Nukes best season prior to this last year was 27 points, Burakovsky was 45 in 58 on Colorado,

While I like the Kadri signing, in the short term and believe he'll help the team, it definitely won't take long to age poorly. Burakovsky and Nuke may have been his most common linemates but approximately 40% of his even strength production came from roughly 20% of his total TOI with some combination of either Landeskog or Rantanen. That's a pretty significant chunk. Burakovsky actually only put up 5 less points than Kadri during their 3 years in Colorado, including Kadri's career year and was the most consistent of the 3. The Avs chose to lock up Nuke for almost as much as Kadri, which was a mistake but it's the direction they went as Stanley Cup Champs.
Again, not bashing Kadri, just the ridiculous expectations that some fans are placing on him.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
While I like the Kadri signing, in the short term and believe he'll help the team, it definitely won't take long to age poorly. Burakovsky and Nuke may have been his most common linemates but approximately 40% of his even strength production came from roughly 20% of his total TOI with some combination of either Landeskog or Rantanen. That's a pretty significant chunk. Burakovsky actually only put up 5 less points than Kadri during their 3 years in Colorado, including Kadri's career year and was the most consistent of the 3. The Avs chose to lock up Nuke for almost as much as Kadri, which was a mistake but it's the direction they went as Stanley Cup Champs.
Again, not bashing Kadri, just the ridiculous expectations that some fans are placing on him.
Kadri at 55-60 points as a 2nd line center is perfectly fine because of all the other things he does

You say it will age poorly, but at some point, some young kids need to take the wing spots and produce and push guys like Toffoli down to 3rd or 4th line.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
$7M will not be that huge for a second-liner once the cap goes up. It will be better value than the Coleman contract was this past year IMO.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
People realize Kadri will now be playing with a top 10 goal scorer at even strength in Mangiapane, right? I don't think it's ridiculous to expect Kadri to be a .85 pts/g player in the short to intermediate future.. given what his role will be here.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
People realize Kadri will now be playing with a top 10 goal scorer at even strength in Mangiapane, right? I don't think it's ridiculous to expect Kadri to be a .85 pts/g player in the short to intermediate future.. given what his role will be here.

I don't understand the obsession with "even strength".

Calgary has the personnel where he Lindholm and Huberdeau can all play the 1st PP. With games on the line, Calgary is going to play those 3 together.

Tkachuk basically will play with Barkov all the time (because he likely will need to be to maximize his value), but Kadri and Huberdeau are good together or apart and will do both.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Honestly, I don't think many people expect Mangi to be a perennial 35 goal scorer. 25-30 sounds far more realistic. Banking on the high numbers being the bar, is a good recipe for disappointment. Like I said earlier, 70 points is probably in the range but the upper end of management's expectations. In today's market 7 millions probably roughly translates to a 60-70 point player. There is a massive difference between a .85 and 1.22 PPG expectation though, like some would suggest.
Most fans seem unwilling to acknowledge the epic scale of change that this team went through over the offseason. Theres a high potential for some massive growing pains. The way I see it our chances of picking in the top 10 are probably better than winning the cup this year, at least at this point and that could be one of the best things to ever happen to this team. I think Tre was very wise to hang onto this years first. I don't think a team has ever gone through the Rollercoaster of personnel changes that we did.

Last edited:

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Maybe it's time people start recognizing Mangiapane as an elite finisher.
Of players with 1500 or more five on five minutes over the past two seasons Andrew Mangiapane trails only Auston Matthews in terms of his goals per/60. He's in a very elite group of players and it's not exactly a small sample size. If anything he has shown he deserves significantly more ice time.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Honestly, I don't think many people expect Mangi to be a perennial 35 goal scorer. 25-30 sounds far more realistic. Banking on the high numbers being the bar, is a good recipe for disappointment. Like I said earlier, 70 points is probably in the range but the upper end of management's expectations. In today's market 7 millions probably roughly translates to a 60-70 point player. There is a massive difference between a .85 and 1.22 PPG expectation though, like some would suggest.
Most fans seem unwilling to acknowledge the epic scale of change that this team went through over the offseason. Theres a high potential for some massive growing pains. The way I see it our chances of picking in the top 10 are probably better than winning the cup this year, at least at this point and that could be one of the best things to ever happen to this team. I think Tre was very wise to hang onto this years first. I don't think a team has ever gone through the Rollercoaster of personnel changes that we did.
Last season Mangiapane scored 35 in 14:26 of ice time at even strength or on the power play. The season prior, he paced for 26 at 15:19 of even strength and power play. Two seasons ago it was 21 in 13:40. Last year not a single player in the NHL scored more in less ice time, and the year prior only 2 players did. This is a player that’s been begging for more time and offensive usage. Last season he managed 4 less goals than backlund had points, and 6 less goals than Backlund and Coleman had combined assists. Make no mistake this will be the most offensive role he has ever been put in with most likely the best centre he has ever played with. Expect similar goal totals with a massive boost to his assist numbers.

My worry is that he still won’t be getting PP1 time this year despite how much he deserves it. Huberdeau and Kadri are both left shot forwards while Lindholm and Toffoli are right shots, I doubt our team splits up that balance even though I think Mangiapane has earned it over Toffoli.

Last edited:

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
People who are coming at Darryl over that comment are reading into it too deeply. Obviously Chucky is the better player but it was a dumb question and comparison. Darryl obviously values winning over anything so it’s not shocking he said that in response

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
People who are coming at Darryl over that comment are reading into it too deeply. Obviously Chucky is the better player but it was a dumb question and comparison. Darryl obviously values winning over anything so it’s not shocking he said that in response
I mean, that is the difference stylistically (which was the question). He's suggesting that they play similar styles (but that Toffoli has won). There is no quantitative judgement whatsoever in his comment.

It would be like asking someone to compare Huberdeau to Gretzky in reverse.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I think it's funny that a Blues beat reporter is getting upset that Sutter didn't contact Tkachuk after he put in his second trade request in two seasons

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I think it's funny that a Blues beat reporter is getting upset that Sutter didn't contact Tkachuk after he put in his second trade request in two seasons
He's obviously thinks of himself as buddies with Keith, and Keith probably mentioned it to him, and he took it personally for the Tkachuck family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad