WWE: Titus O'Niel suspended for incident with Vince

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Titus shouldn't have done it but 60 days is obscene. That's what you get for violating the Wellness Policy twice.

"Vince, why'd I lose to Adam Rose?"

"What the hell are you talking about, who's that? Don't touch me, Shelton!!!"
The Shelton Benjamin/Michael Tarver mix-up is my favourite Vince story. So great.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
And predictably cries of racism are now being heard. :shakehead

from nypost.com:

163470530ac00106_wwe_supers.jpg

Wrestling fans are body-slamming WWE owner Vince McMahon as a “racist†after he suspended a black wrestler who playfully grabbed his arm during a TV segment.

Titus O’Neil, a 38-year-old Florida native known for his immense charity work and larger-than-life personality, has been sidelined for what’s being described as “unprofessional conduct,†according to WWE.

The company originally told The Post that he was expected to miss the biggest show of the year — Wrestlemania — after being suspended for 90 days following an incident on this week’s episode of “Monday Night Raw.†But they later confirmed that he will actually be suspended for 60 days instead.

McMahon can be seen on video walking up the entrance ramp and through a crowd of wrestlers who were lined up on the side, applauding.

O’Neil reaches out and grabs McMahon’s arm, as he appears to go in for a hug.

But the move apparently didn’t sit too well with the chairman and O’Neil was slapped with the suspension and sent home from WWE’s “Smackdown†tapings in Portland, Oregon, on Tuesday, PWInsider.com reports.

Full story here: http://nypost.com/2016/02/10/fans-call-vince-mcmahon-a-racist-for-suspending-black-wrestler/

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Smarks don't care about Titus lol.

He sent a text after the suspension, apparently: "I feel like **** now so if you have to let me go, I understand. Stupid mistake."

No, but they would troll WWE/Vince and stand up for what is a dumb ass suspension.

It's not like Titus is someone they hate either like Cena, Reigns, Big Show, etc.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No, but they would troll WWE/Vince and stand up for what is a dumb ass suspension.

It's not like Titus is someone they hate either like Cena, Reigns, Big Show, etc.

They wouldn't. They don't care about Titus enough to exert their energy on him.

And smarks actually appreciate Cena.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Titus should have taken a **** in a bag like Orton or challenge people to fight on a airplane like Vince has.

It won't happen but I'd love to see some hijacking of Raw for Titus after WrestleMania by fans. This is just absurd.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
:facepalm: it's racist because he suspended a black wrestler? HOW DARE HE!!!! Vince you must ONLY suspend the white guys!

I would assume they're claiming that the racist part comes from Vince freaking out and 'pushing' him away when apparently poor Titus just wanted a hug.

....according to them anyway.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
It was unprofessional conduct. The cameras were rolling and he did something he shouldn't have. Is the suspension excessive? For sure.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Huh...
I thought someone mentioned that they liked to mess with one another...
And Titus had the leeway to do it.
:dunno:

I guess he was not as close to Vince as he thought.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Huh...
I thought someone mentioned that they liked to mess with one another...
And Titus had the leeway to do it.
:dunno:

I guess he was not as close to Vince as he thought.

Nah, it's entirely possible that story was/is true. Once it was shown on TV all bets were off though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Titus is in no position to be doing that. If Cena, Orton, any top guy did it, it's fine, but those top guys aren't that stupid to do it on the stage during a super emotional segment.

Titus is a lower midcard guy. Sure, do it backstage, but not on the stage in front of thousands of people after that segment. No way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad