WWE: Titus O'Niel suspended for incident with Vince

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=99695

WWE star Titus O'Neil was sent home from last night's Smackdown taping in Portland, Oregon shortly after he arrived. The word we are getting is that O'Neil has been suspended for "unprofessional conduct." During the ending of last night's Raw taping in Seattle, Washington, a number of WWE personalities and staff were assembled on the stage in honor of the retiring Bryan Danielson. At the end of that segment, which aired on Raw before going live on the WWE Network, Danielson returned to the locker room after passing through the center of the assembled WWE personnel.

As WWE talents returned to the back, O'Neill grabbed WWE owner Vince McMahon in what was described to us as in a "playful, physical way." McMahon responded by shoving O'Neil away. McMahon's shove of O'Neill actually made it onto the final seconds of the broadcast. We are told that McMahon was angry at being grabbed and that led to the suspension.

When O'Neil arrived at Smackdown, he was informed he was going sent home. The word making the rounds is that the suspension could be for upwards of 90 days. That would put O'Neil out of action through May, which means he would be missing Wrestlemania 32.

O'Neil, 39, signed with WWE in 2009 and is best known as one half of the Prime Time Players, although he's been used most recently in a singles role. He's been very active in local community outreach where he lives in Tampa. O'Neil had lost to Adam Rose earlier during the Raw broadcast.

Last night, the WWE Network exclusive video of Bryan Danielson's farewell was removed from Youtube and WWE.com as well as the WWE Network. It is likely that WWE is going to edit the snippet at the end out before restoring the videos.

I mean, don't get me wrong, absolutely not the time to make jokes on stage, but suspended and forced to miss wrestlemania weekend? :biglaugh:
I guess titus reached for that brass ring and vince finally gave him that big push he wanted. Get it? Push? YEAAHHHHHHH *Drops mic*

Last edited:

S A W F T*

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=99695

:biglaugh:

I mean, don't get me wrong, absolutely not the time to make jokes on stage, but suspended and forced to miss wrestlemania weekend?
I guess titus reached for that brass ring and vince finally gave him that big push he wanted. Get it? Push? YEAAHHHHHHH *Drops mic*

LOL

I get making him miss a week or two... but 90 days? For that?

And taking the footage down after everyone has seen it already?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
At least they let him drive all the way to smackdown before telling him to go home. Sweethearts.

He probably thought hey, if reigns can spear and punch vince in the face and get world title shots, i can at least get a PPV match for shoving him, right? RIGHT?!?!?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I mean...it did kinda take away from the moment...but 90 days and missing the Mania pay day?

That stinks but eh. I'd rather not see him on TV as much as he has been.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It wasn't the time for it and I don't really care because I'm not a huge Titus fan, but 90 days for that!? Crazy.

S A W F T*

Vince is only mad because it made it on TV (YT and The Network, but you know what I mean).

They probably thought the cameras were off by then.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I bet in Vince's eyes, it's justifiable not because Titus did it, but because the cameras caught it.

That's on the producer, no? I guess they were going to catch that altercation no matter what, but even then.....what harm is it, really? :dunno:

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Well, it's probably the first time Vince has even given a "big push" to an African-American on a "big stage". Just not in that way, of course.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Suspend him, for that?

Okay, if that's what they want to do, I guess that's their prerogative. But then don't make your company look bad by letting the rumor slip out that it is for 90 days, which gets people upset at your company because they feel you've taken it too far (missing WM weekend/pay), and then reduce it to 60 days, which still has the talent missing WM weekend/pay, but only by 1 week.

Such a vindictive ****ing company.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad