WWE: Titus O'Niel suspended for incident with Vince

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean... I just really don't care for any of this.

1) It's not racist.. I hate when people make it about race.

2) It shouldn't have happened. I don't know wtf Titus was thinking. I joke around with my boss all the time, but if we are in a meeting.. I don't go **** around like it's normal.

3) The suspension is waaaaay overboard. Hell... a stern talking to would have been fine. 7-15 days max. If it was a second offense, then I completely understand.

It just comes down to every single part of this story is handling it wrong. Media making stuff up, WWE waaay over abusing power, and Titus was an idiot. Period. WWE made this a story by going the route they did. It was a non-story.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

2) It shouldn't have happened. I don't know wtf Titus was thinking. I joke around with my boss all the time, but if we are in a meeting.. I don't go **** around like it's normal.

3) The suspension is waaaaay overboard. Hell... a stern talking to would have been fine. 7-15 days max. If it was a second offense, then I completely understand.

It just comes down to every single part of this story is handling it wrong. Media making stuff up, WWE waaay over abusing power, and Titus was an idiot. Period. WWE made this a story by going the route they did. It was a non-story.

Would laugh if WWE decided to reduce the suspension even further, to 2 weeks, but made it the 2 weeks that includes WM. Because that seems like something this company would do.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Authority v. Titus O'Neil

Should get him over imo

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

Very good summary of all points about this.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Nah, it's entirely possible that story was/is true. Once it was shown on TV all bets were off though.

Titus is in no position to be doing that. If Cena, Orton, any top guy did it, it's fine, but those top guys aren't that stupid to do it on the stage during a super emotional segment.

Titus is a lower midcard guy. Sure, do it backstage, but not on the stage in front of thousands of people after that segment. No way.

That makes sense.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
"One thing about Titus, I like Titus. He's a great guy, a real nice guy, but Titus has a tendency to play a lot. In the WWE, it's alright to play and have fun, but sometimes you have to put the playing aside and I just don't think Titus took his job serious." - Teddy Long

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
"One thing about Titus, I like Titus. He's a great guy, a real nice guy, but Titus has a tendency to play a lot. In the WWE, it's alright to play and have fun, but sometimes you have to put the playing aside and I just don't think Titus took his job serious." - Teddy Long

After he said this he tried to make a tag match involving the Undertaker and Randy Orton. :nod:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
According to the NY Post, Vince was going to straight up fire titus but got talked out of it by Joey Mercury and guess who?

[spoil] Triple H [/spoil]
Big shocker there.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I still don't get why Vince had to overreact in the first place.

If this had been after a solemn ten-bell salute, then by all means suspend the fool.

But the entire Raw lockerroom was just chanting Yes, along with Daniel Bryan and everyone else in attendance. Including Vince.

Everyone in a good mood, clapping, emotional, there was nothing wrong with what Titus did, IMO. He probably figured Vince was in such high spirits, he'd horse around a little bit. But nearly getting fired? For that?

Vince is a damn fool, if that report is true. :laugh:

HHH must be getting tired of butting heads with a dinosaur as stubborn as Vince seems to be.

ace4

Mar 11, 2014
Vince needs to let Steph and Triple H run the company. He has become a stubborn angry man who has created an unhealthy working environment. Titus was just pulling a rib about getting the boss to stay out on the ramp. How does that turn into a near firing and a two month suspension? Isn't it funny that the WWE was extremely successful when Vince was willing to make a fool of himself. Now he takes himself way to seriously and the product has suffered.

Oct 18, 2011
so for all the work titus does for WWE, he was going to fire him over this? vince needs to go away, like seriously he should just go home. some people do not like titus but he is a very good face for the company, and seems to be a genuinely good person this is just so ridiculous

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
I don't think it's racist at all but I'm willing to believe and spread that narrative if it forces Vince out of power.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bumpin'.

JTG did an interview and said Titus O'Neil has done these sorts of things a lot and has gotten in trouble for it in the past, so he wasn't surprised he was finally punished and said it was "Titus move", even though he did think the length was a little excessive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad