Post-Game Talk: Tippett sucks

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Success vs oilers load up on McDavid excellent chance of a win.
Things haven’t changed in a decade we could add Hedman and price and still miss the playoffs.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Goal against 1: Devin Shore can't clear, bad bounce
Goal against 2: Blown defensive assignments, Larsson in no man's land
Goal against 3: Shore takes a bad penalty after Russell gets walked

Your depth matters and it can't be bad especially if no one can score outside the big 4.

I am very worried about Turris, he is standing around out there.
Balance

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
-Mc-D was first star? I thought Drai was by far the best Oiler forward

-For a guy who is looking for a 7M/yr. contract, Nuge has been rather underwhelming.

-Brutal game by Shore.

- Team had lots of trouble clearing the puck in critical situations.

-No offense or production coming from the bottom six. Wash, rinse, repeat.

-How many goals does the Oiler defense have so far this year?

-Stubborn coach but we seem to have the monopoly on those guys.

Reactions: Oilhawks

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Can we just play

Kahun - McDavid - JP
RNH - Draisaitl - Yama
Ennis/Nygard - Turris - Kassian
Neal - Haas - Archibald

Nurse - Bear
Russell - Barrie
Koekkoek - Bouchard

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
From listening to the radio I'm just wondering if Stauffer has switched from lillydale to buddig as the brand of honey ham he likes to stuff in his cheek to keep that rich flavor of a nice glazed pork product throughout the broadcast.

He has his Mediterranean chicken pizza in handy

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Great effort by majority of the team. The chances we didn't score on in the first period cost us. We deserved this game in my opinon. Other things to note
i) Keep Puljujarvi on the top line
ii) Take Barrie off the PP. He's too slow to keep a puck in. He's allowed 3 odd man rushes in the last 3 games
iii) Shoot Kassian into the sun please. Someone?

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Criticize Tippet all you want. He deserves plenty of it.

But Holland has put together a bottom 6 that has not contributed a single 5v5 goal for in 6 games. This team has one goal this season without one of McDavid or Draisasitl on the ice and it was a shorthanded goal in garbage time in a game that was already lost.
They’re fine on paper. At some point it’s on the players to produce.

Sheahan just scored in Buffalo, Rieder had a solid year in Calgary after potting 0 for us, AA is PPG right now.

It’s actually inexplicable how any bottom 6 just completely forgets how to score when they come to this team.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Criticize Tippet all you want. He deserves plenty of it.

But Holland has put together a bottom 6 that has not contributed a single 5v5 goal for in 6 games. This team has one goal this season without one of McDavid or Draisasitl on the ice and it was a shorthanded goal in garbage time in a game that was already lost.

Dumpster diving for depth forwards doesn't work yet again. Shocker.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Like...that was probably the 2nd best game we played all season. The score wasn't indicative of the effort. Play like that most nights and I won't be upset, even with a loss.

That was also Puljujarvi's best game. So many chances he created. The top line just suddenly lit up when he got put on it

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
On the plus side Yams is looking like the best pure winger the Oilers have had in years. His continued play has been the highlight of the season. Surprised he slid through Tippets blackhole.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Tyson Barrie can take a hike right now. Stop deferring to other players and take a f***ing point shot. There is no way that Bouchard is worse at this point.

That top line next game better have #13 on it and the DRY line better be back.

Yeah, I dont think Barries been bad but I was expecting more. I'm surprised how slow he is. I think Bouchard would probably play as well as he is.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Coach sucks. Players suck. PP really sucks. Can pretty much forget about playoffs unless things drastically change.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Tyson Barrie can take a hike right now. Stop deferring to other players and take a f***ing point shot. There is no way that Bouchard is worse at this point.

That top line next game better have #13 on it and the DRY line better be back.

I thought Barrie was known for his amazing shot. The guy is scared of shooting it. He also is VERY slow. I would rather have Bear or Bouchard play the point now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad